Lawnparties at TI: student DJ Jovan Jeremic '17

Getting to see artists, whose music you recognize from concerts, radio, and television, perform is definitely part of the fun of Lawnparties. However, there is always something special about getting to see a talented student musician perform amongst these well-known artists. Tiger Inn’s Lawnparties act this Sunday will feature Jovan Jeremic ‘17, a senior member of the club in the Neuroscience department who, in addition to DJing on campus, is on the men’s water polo team and works for the University yearbook.

Jeremic is originally from Serbia and grew up in California. He "got into DJing in seventh grade after his older cousin introduced him to techno/house music, which back then was really not popular." Jeremic DJed at various venues in Los Angeles throughout high school, including some of his school’s pep rallies and assemblies. He has continued this passion during his four years at Princeton, DJing at Cottage and TI, opening and closing for Shwayze at a Sunday Funday, and DJing TIBiza (an Ibiza inspired event held bi-annually at TI).

Speaking about his passion for DJing, Jeremic said, “I've always loved music. One of my favorite things as a DJ is how you have the power to unify people and make everyone have a great time with music. Music is truly a phenomenon when it comes to how much influence it can have on the way it makes people feel.” He is inspired by numerous performers, including EDM artists such as Oliver Heldens, Fedde Le Grand, David Tort, and Robbie Rivera.

When asked what he is most looking forward to about performing at Lawnparties, Jeremic said, “The excitement, the build-up of the final week of classes, the anticipation of House Parties, and the opportunity to perform at an amazing club for the amazing Princeton community. It is a fantastic end to an amazing senior year.” So if you want to see the musical talent of one of Princeton’s own, make sure to check out TI this Sunday and experience the “power of music” that Jeremic cites as his biggest influence.