Support the ‘Prince’

Please disable ad blockers for our domain. Thank you!

A fire alarm went off in Forbes College on Wednesday morning at 1:50 a.m. triggered by marijuana smoke, according to University spokesperson Martin Mbugua.

About 100 students were evacuated from the building for about 10 minutes, after which the building was cleared for occupation.

The smoke detector went off in one of Forbes' music rooms, according to Mbugua. Upon reaching the music practice room, he explained, officers smelled marijuana and found the remains of marijuana smoking material in a garbage bin. There was a window open but nobody to be found in the room, he noted.

The Department of Public Safety responded to the incident. Temperature at the time ranged in the low 20s.

Comments
Comments powered by Disqus