Academics Committee to consider final exam concerns; Restaurant Week to expand

The USG Academics Committee will discuss the concerns expressed by students and faculty regarding fall semester final examinations with the Committee on Examinations and Standing on Friday, USG members decided at a weekly meeting on Sunday night. Academics committee chair Dillon Sharp ’14 said the discussion would include the issues of take-home tests, rescheduling exams and exerting pressure on professors to meet grading deadlines.

“This won’t be a sweeping thing like an all-or-nothing. We will be addressing each issue as is, and how that committee wants to move forward with our recommendations is their choice,” Sharp said. “There are some things that can be done very easily. There are some things, such as a flexible system, that will take a lot more work from the back end to actually make happen.”

Restaurant Week will likely take place during the second week of November, according to campus and community affairs chair Trap Yates ’14. The weeklong event gives students the opportunity to eat at restaurants on Nassau Street at a discounted rate.

Yates is a former associate Street editor for The Daily Princetonian.

This year, some restaurants will maintain the $25 fixed price offered in previous years, while other restaurants will offer a $15 fixed-price option instead or offer both price options. New participating restaurants will also likely be added to the event.

A funding request of $1,600 for the University Student Life Committee was passed. The money will fund 10 free fitness classes, punch card giveaways and a Glow Party, according to a proposal presented by Greg Smith ’15. The request passed with a vote of 22 members in favor and one abstention.

Patrick Thompson ’14 and Jack Mazzulo ’16 were approved as the new co-chairs of the USG movie committee, which chooses the free movies that play at the Garden Theatre on weekend evenings.

Sunday’s meeting was the first for new Class of 2015 senator Mariana Bagneris, who was appointed to the position last week in order to fill the seat vacated by Deana Davoudiasl, who is taking the semester off.