Sip into spring and try Coffee Club’s spring drinks

Four drinks lined up in a row
Coffee Club’s new spring drinks
Natalia Diaz / The Daily Princetonian

As the days lengthen and flowers bloom around campus, spring is finally upon us. 

Magnolia petals line Princeton’s beautiful cobblestone paths and white blossoms flow through the breeze as students prepare for the busy weeks to come as the semester nears its end. Amid the blossoming trees, bustling libraries, and the arrival of warm weather after a series of long, dreary, rainy days, Coffee Club has released their spring menu — offering students a refreshing and flavorful escape from their workload. As a committed enjoyer of caffeine, I decided to embrace the opportunity and sample the new selection. 

Ordered from my least favorite to favorite, here are the seasonal drinks Coffee Club is serving this spring:

4. Elderflower Espresso Tonic 

There is perhaps a target audience for this drink; however, I cannot say I am part of it. My initial impression of this beverage was that it tasted like ginger ale and coffee mixed together, which, in my opinion, is not a combination that should ever be made. However, after sipping it a few more times, I could certainly see how someone could enjoy this carbonated drink. The espresso itself had a great flavor as it was strong, but not too bitter, offering an interesting balance to the earthy notes of the drink. After a few sips, delicious hints of elderflower become more apparent, creating a fruity and floral aftertaste. I cannot say I enjoyed the drink’s high acidity from both the espresso and carbonation, but it did provide a distinctive contrast in flavors. As someone who typically opts for a sweet beverage as their go-to form of caffeine, this drink was not for me. But those with an acquired taste for bitter drinks should consider ordering this on their next trip to Coffee Club.

3. Lavender Latte

I had a difficult time deciding on my ranking for the remaining three drinks, especially between the two coffees. Although this might change later on in time with maturing taste buds, the lavender latte takes third place for now. While I’ve met many lavender latte drinkers that swear by the drink, I’ve never been a die-hard fan of lavender-flavored coffee. Despite that, Coffee Club’s take on the drink was incredible. Upon the first sip, the drink’s flavor palate contained everything necessary for a dependable latte. The lavender was very subtle, with the taste only hitting you at the very last moment of every sip, but it still offered a unique floral earthy touch to a typical latte. Overall, I really enjoyed this drink and would highly recommend it. I opted for an iced version, and I’d say it’s the perfect afternoon pick-me-up on a busy sunny day. If one were to choose the hot version, I can imagine it’d provide a sweet sense of comfort and warmth on a rainy spring evening.

2. Mango Matcha Lemonade

It was tough deciding which drink would take the top spot, but it really just came down to the nuances of personal preference. I appreciate a good matcha, especially in the spring, but at the end of the day, I am a coffee lover at heart. With that being said, if you aren’t a coffee drinker, the Mango Matcha Lemonade is the perfect spring beverage for you. The lemonade greets you with an exquisite balance of earthy flavors and sweet and tart fruitiness. The matcha provides a strong green tea flavor that somewhat overpowers the taste of mango, while still allowing it to shine through without making the drink overly sweet. The hints of lemon add an extra tang to the refreshment. Picture this drink in your hand on those occasional, beautiful sunny days that cheer up the dreary early spring weeks, as you walk around a suddenly now-lively campus and wind down after a long day of classes with some friends

1. Irish Cream Cold Foam Cold Brew

For me, a perfect cup of coffee depends on the right amount of sweetness and the abundance of creaminess. Coffee Club’s Irish Cream Cold Foam Cold Brew is a flawless, dependable caffeine choice and the perfect combination of both of these things, making it first place in the line up. The cold foam offered a sweet vanilla flavor, enhanced with the rich Irish cream and the smooth velvety texture. This beverage is the ideal go-to drink, whether it is for a delightful start to a busy day of studying or a sweet treat to reward you for a long week of hard work. 

Coffee Club’s spring drinks are the highlight of a tiresome week and the embodiment of the sun’s rays peeking through the clouds after a rainy day. Whether you need a dependable cup of caffeine or want to try something new, I highly recommend visiting one of Coffee Club’s two locations for an afternoon pick-me-up on a busy day of studying, or for a refreshment on a sunny day out with friends.

Natalia Diaz is a member of the Class of 2027 and a contributing writer for The Prospect at the ‘Prince.’ She can be reached at nd6595@princeton.edu.