What to do in Princeton this week: senior thesis edition

March 10th-16th

WhatToDoInPrinceton.png

Things to Do in Princeton this Week: Senior Thesis Edition (Mar. 10–16)

With thesis deadlines looming in April, few seniors feel anywhere near to done with their work. But this week, a handful of Princeton seniors, working ahead of the curve, will bring their creative arts theses to fruition. Check out three stellar events below!

Holy: A Senior Thesis Show (Mar. 11–15) at Hurley Gallery. Created by S. Sanneh ’19 for a visual arts thesis, “Holy” is an exploration of black identity and subjects. Sanneh explores blackness without reducing it to stereotypes. Instead, Sanneh employs the lens of religion, as the exhibition’s title suggests. 

The Midnight: A Senior Thesis Exhibition (Mar. 11–15) at Lucas Gallery. The Midnight” is a visual arts thesis by Kate Northrop ’19. Northrop describes midnight as “a time, a place, and a state of mind.” In the show, Northrop uses the setting of a bedroom to delve deeper into the mysteries of the subconscious. 

Choreopoem (Mar. 13–14) at the Wallace Theater. Choreopoem refers to a performance that combines poem, dance, music, and song. This original choreopoem was directed by Janelle Spence ’19, written by Feyisola Soetan ’19, and choreographed by Jessica Bailey ’19. The performance is comprised of seven vignettes that explore different elements of black femininity and “Black girl magic.”