Five clubs to accept women

Five eating clubs — Campus, Charter, Cloister, Colonial and Dial — have decided to include coeds in their selection procedures this year, thereby creating the possibility that half of the Prospect Street clubs will admit women in Februrary.

Four other clubs — Cap and Gown, Quadrangle, Tiger and Tower are now deciding whether to bicker coeds, and could boost the total number of clubs accepting girls to seven or eight.

Ivy and Cannon clubs have not taken any steps toward changing long-standing policies of admitting only males. Cottage Club president McKinley C. McAdoo '71 said that club had decided "nothing on coeducation either way."

Here is the situation on Prospect Street two weeks before Bicker signups: - Cannon — According to club secretary Ronald J. Roedel '71 there is no firm policy on coeds entering the club, but he indicated that the Cannon Club is, "not going to establish a policy of bickering coeds." - Campus — will continue policy of admitting women which began in 1964 when a Critical Language student entered. - Cap and Gown — Although the majority of Cap's members voted to go coed Tuesday night, club president Walter C. McLean '71 said there were "other problems" to be worked out before the club admits women. The club's officers will discuss the move with its grad board this weekend. - Charter — admitted several coeds last year and will continue to do so. - Cloister — held a meeting before Thanksgiving in which members voted for coeducation. - Colonial — has three female members and will continue to accept coeds. - Cottage — membership has not considered the issue but will meet within a week to discuss the matter. - Dial — voted to admit coeds for first time this year. - Ivy — has a clause in its constitution which forbids bickering females, and according to president Phillip C. Bobbit '71, "It seems unlikely that Ivy will amends its constitution." - Quadrangle — has voted on the question of admitting coeds and must meet with the grad board Tuesday night to determine whether the plurality was great enough to make such a decision. - Tiger — will decide next week whether coeds will be advised to Bicker, since club rules may allow even a small minority to block their entry into the club. - Tower — will meet Sunday night to vote on the issue. Many members are reported to be in favor of bickering coeds.