Legend of Korra - The Calling

It's been a long time since Intersections has covered Legend of Korra's 4th season (three weeks, to be exact), but I'm going to make it up to you all! Over the next few days, I'll be recapping the past 3 episodes of Legend of Korra (Episodes 4, 5, and 6), in anticipation for this week's episode. Now, time to get down to business.

The beginning of this episode focuses on Jinora, Meelo, and Ikki. They're tasked with finding Korra by Tenzin. Though they've had 3 years to grow since the time we really saw them last, Tenzin's children still seem to be a bit immature. On top of this, they aren't working well together, making their search that much more difficult.

While searching for Korra alone, because she wasn't getting along with her siblings, Ikki was caught by Earth Empire men. Long story short, she was rescued by Jinora and Meelo -- after talking her captors into a wall. Because of an interesting conversation she has with these men about the Earth Kingdom and its geography, Ikki comes up with an idea for where Korra might be.

Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 9.20.00 PM

Ikki, Jinora, and Meelo find Korra at the swamp where Korra's been spending time with Toph. Specifically at a familiar banyan-grove tree (see above tree). It is here that the Avatar and the terrible 3 are reunited. In light of all of the happiness and joy, there's still something that isn't right -- Korra still has poison in her body. (Spoiler alert: She gets it out! If you have watched this episode, you already know this. If you haven't, get on it!) Now that Korra has rid herself of the poison, is she ready to reassume her role as the Avatar?

Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 9.00.32 PM

As always, check out this episode on Nick.com! There are still more questions that need answering. What's going on with Asami, Bolin, Mako, and the other Avatar supporters? What are Kuvira's next moves? Keep tuning in to find out more.