Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Divestment Sit-In; Vote100 and Representable Collaboration; USG Meeting

Students urge the University to divest fully from fossil fuels in a Sep. 24 sit-in at Nassau Hall.
Candace Do / The Daily Princetonian

Todays Briefing: 

DIVESTMENT SIT-IN:

This past Friday students held a four-hour sit-in in front of Nassau Hall, urging Princeton to divest from fossil fuels. Many students gave impassioned speeches, painted signs, and sat on blankets outside. With Harvard announcing the expiration of indirect fossil fuel investments and Cambridge and Rutgers having already divested, Princeton faces increasing pressure to divest. The Faculty Panel on Dissociation Metrics, Principles, and Standards will produce a written report with actionable plans for the administrative committee to propose to the Board. 

READ THE STORY →

VOTE100 & REPRESENTABLE COLLAB:

Vote100, Princeton’s student-run campaign for voter registration, recently collaborated with web application Representable to fight gerrymandering using a data-compiling and map-generating application from University class COS 333. By tackling the problems of “packing and cracking” marginalized groups, the collaboration will encourage student civic engagement and strengthen the democratic duty of citizens at all levels.

READ THE STORY →

USG MEETING:

The Undergraduate Student Government (USG) Senate met on Sunday evening to approve the appointment of new committee members for the semester, discuss Lawnparties, and report on the progress of different referenda.

READ THE STORY →

SPONSORED AD

In Opinion

Rita Fang / The Daily Princetonian

Columnist writer Ava Millberg contests add/drop period’s efficacy by citing that the inundation of work for many students prevents them from experimenting with more challenging courses and optimizing their education.

From Sports

• Here’s a recap of the Tigers’ wins and losses in football, field hockey, men’s soccer, women’s soccer, and men’s tennis this weekend.
  • In their Ivy League opener, Princeton women’s volleyball swept the court to a 3-0 victory against Penn, setting a six-game winning streak. Cheer on the team as they play Dartmouth this Friday!

From Satire

Satirical and entirely fictional content...

At Your Leisure

• Check out Tuesday's puzzle, “I Know a Spot,” by Isabella Pu!
  • Make sure to catch Daybreak’s latest episode!
Well...
Paige Min / The Daily Princetonian
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Catie Parker and Hank Ingham.
Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp