Sunday, September 20

Previous Issues

Order a copy of the 2020 Commencement Issue
Subscribe to Fall Print Issues
Order a copy of the Frosh Issue for the Class of 2024

José Pablo Fernández García

Outside McCarter Theater Center before the Triangle Show. 
José Pablo Fernández García / The Daily Princetonian 

Triangle’s ‘Old Folks’ Home’ and the future wished for

The future I see in front of me for the next couple months is the white wall that stands behind my desk as I write these words. It looks like my friends and classmates and professors confined to Zoom boxes. It looks like more time hundreds of miles away from the place I’d grown to love as my other home. This is all so different from the future I so wish lay ahead instead.

Jose Pablo Fernandez Garcia / The Daily Princetonian

Tigers and TikTok

The world we live in is undoubtedly changing in various facets day by day, and how we socialize and connect with our communities is no exception. For at least some Princeton students, TikTok is taking on an increasingly prominent part of their social lives as our campus community is spread out across the world. 

Discovering Firestone

I had forgotten the joy of checking out books from the library, but I was reminded of it once again after arriving in Princeton. I was first reminded of it when I checked out three books for my writing seminar and felt weirdly excited about the fact that the oldest due date in any of the books was from approximately four decades ago.

Photo Credit: J. Kenji López-Alt / Wikimedia Commons

On grilled cheese sandwiches

When I took the first bite, I instantly knew I was home. Much like the scene in “Ratatouille” where the food critic Anton Ego has a flashback to his childhood upon tasting the ratatouille served to him, I remembered all the previous times I had eaten grilled cheese at home. The warm, gooey center of cheese between the buttery, crispy-on-the-outside-but-soft-on-the-inside bread slices brought me a sense of inner warmth and joy.

Tiger Confessions' fantastic evolution towards live performance

Spann said she was open to holding future evenings of live Tiger Confessions, so long as the demand is there for it. I, for one, would be very excited to see where these ideas lead, as “Tiger Confessions: An Evening of Song and Dramatic Reading” was a wonderful way to blow off some steam at the end of a week of classes and enjoy the start of the weekend.

More articles »