Wednesday, March 27, 2024
Good morning! This is Victoria Davies, an associate Newsletter editor. 

Our top three stories this morning:

Following technical difficulties, NCW room draw rescheduled for Wednesday and Thursday

An entrance to New College West.
Candace Do / The Daily Princetonian

Following technical difficulties, NCW room draw rescheduled for Wednesday and Thursday: Students who drew rooms in New College West (NCW) on Monday will have to do it all over again. In an email to the NCW community on Monday evening, Associate Director of Housing and Real Estate Services Angie Rooney announced that the NCW room selections were “canceled.” Discrepancies appeared between the live Available Rooms List and the options presented in the MyHousing portal. Kanji Hall did not appear on the MyHousing system, but it did on the Available Rooms List, causing confusion for residents who had not yet drawn. Rooney wrote “we understand that redoing the NCW draw may be stressful,” adding that “we believe that these measures are the best option for achieving that goal.” 

READ THE STORY→

As spring events approach, Campus Grounds ramps up planting and lawn maintenance: As spring blossoms across campus, the Campus Grounds Team has been preparing for spring and end-of-year events such as Class Day and Reunions. The Assistant Director of Campus Grounds Rob Staudt told the ‘Prince’ that they “distinctly designed this campus for May.” Recent weeks have seen basic spring clean-up, including raking away old leaves that have fallen and aerating the compacted soils from the winter months. Staudt said that Campus Grounds “targets larger areas, where [Princeton is] truly going to have events.” He explained that the plantings are changing as you move further south down campus, with a move towards a “sustainability planting” strategy.

READ THE STORY→

More from News:

OPINION | Writing Seminar should be PDFable again

New South is a hub for many of Princeton’s writing seminars. 
Louisa Gheorghita / The Daily Princetonian

I’m Davis Hobley, a first-year Columnist for the ‘Prince.’ Lately, I’ve been thinking about how the first-year Writing Seminar — the only required class at Princeton — is known for being notoriously difficult and a significant stressor for first-year students. And due to differences in exposure to writing prior to coming to Princeton, some students are even less equipped for the rigor that comes with Writing Seminar. In order to remedy this problem, I argue that Writing Seminar should be PDFable as it was during the beginning of the pandemic.

— Columnist Davis Hobley 

READ THE COLUMN →

More from Opinion:

At your leisure

SPORTS | Princeton football captain and star linebacker Liam Johnson commits to UC Berkeley

Last season, Johnson was fourth in the Ivy League with 83 total tackles on the season.
Photo courtesy of @PrincetonFTBL/X.

On March 22, senior linebacker Liam Johnson announced his decision to commit to the University of California, Berkeley. He told the ‘Prince’ that “Princeton made [him] into a man and a collectively better person” as he was “constantly surrounded by people that were better than [him].” Johnson will be joining the Golden Bears’ defensive inside linebacking unit, but is not a guaranteed starter, despite being fourth in the Ivy League in tackles across all positions this past season. Johnson will have to prove himself against sophomore rising talent Cade Uluave and incoming transfer Teddye Buchanan to obtain a leading role on the talented Golden Bears squad. Some potential names to fill Johnson’s spot on the Princeton team are junior Carson Irons and sophomores Sekou Roland and Will Beesley.

READ THE PIECE →

If you have any feedback or concerns about today’s newsletter, please email managingeditor@dailyprincetonian.com
Today’s newsletter was copyedited by Bryan Zhang. Illustration by Luiza Chevres. Thank you. 
You are receiving this email because you either subscribed on our old site or have subscribed recently.

Our mailing address is:
The Daily Princetonian
48 University Pl
Princeton, NJ 08540
Add us to your address book

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
The Daily Princetonian · 48 University Pl · Princeton, NJ 08540 · USA