Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Newsletter by Olivia Chen

Happy Halloween!

CC BY 2.0 “Halloween Pumpkins” by lobo235

Good morning!

The Daily Princetonian has curated a special print issue in honor of Halloween. Pick up a copy in newspaper boxes around eating clubs, dining halls, and libraries!

Happy Halloween!

THE PROSPECT | Retro Movie Recs, Disney Halloween, and Costumes

Halloween decor hangs from upperclass dorm housing
Zehao Wu / The Daily Princetonian

The best retro Halloween films to watch this spooky season: Senior Contributor Tyler Wilson reviews the best retro Halloween films to watch this fall. With recommendations from “Trick or Treat” (1956) to “The Haunted House” (1929), get inspiration on what to watch if you want movies that capture the “warm, spooky fun” of the season!
READ THE LIST →

Ranking Disney Halloween episodes, from worst to best: This Halloween, Senior Contributor Lauren Fromkin ranks spooky Disney show episodes from worst to best. With many nostalgic picks from our childhood, see what they rank as the best Halloween episode.
READ THE RANKING 

My predictions for the most popular Halloween 2023 costumes: Contributing Writer Shannon Ma predicted the five most popular Halloween costumes for 2023. From movie references to pop culture stars, see if you recognize any of these costumes from Halloweekend.
READ THE LIST 

PUZZLES | ‘A Nightmare on Nassau Street’

"Monsters Trick or Treating - Colour Remix" by j4p4n / CC By 1.0 (https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/)
Trick or treat? What’s a better treat then doing this week’s Halloween puzzle by Contributing Constructor Sydney Cha!

PHOTO | Year-round Halloween: the gargoyles of Princeton

Louisa Gheorghita / The Daily Princetonian
Halloween coming means hundreds of decorations popping up around campus, but it's worth checking out some of the spooky architecture that's present year round. See what gargoyles — that you might have missed just walking around — pique your interest!
VIEW THE VISUAL ESSAY 

HUMOR | Chaos across campus

Candace Do / The Daily Princetonian
The following content is purely satirical and entirely fictional.

Trick or treat on the street: Accompanied by videographer Holly Ween ’25, Contributing Humor Writer Emmett Souder set off from the quiet and cozy ‘Prints’ newsroom in University Place for the tricks, treats, and thrills across campus, touring all the eating clubs.
READ THE STORY 
Final preparations underway for the ‘Princeton Purge’: The University is preparing to commence the annual campus-wide Princeton Purge. Inspired by the hit 2013 media franchise “The Purge,” the tradition serves as a vital tool to address student stress. Morality will be suspended and students are given permission to commit any action they like, whether it be partying on the Blair rooftop to vandalizing the Oval with Points statue. 
READ THE STORY 
MORE FROM HUMOR: 
If you have any feedback or concerns about today’s newsletter, please email managingeditor@dailyprincetonian.com
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Naisha Sylvestre. The header was designed by Noreen Hosny. Thank you. 
You are receiving this email because you either subscribed on our old site or have subscribed recently.

Our mailing address is:
The Daily Princetonian
48 University Pl
Princeton, NJ 08540
Add us to your address book

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
The Daily Princetonian · 48 University Pl · Princeton, NJ 08540 · USA