Tuesday, March 2, 2023
Report by Sandeep Mangat and Bridget O'Neill
Newsletter by Olivia Chen

A decade later: a split legacy for Eisgruber 

Design by Angel Kuo / The Daily Princetonian
Photos by Guanyi Cao, Angel Kuo and Louisa Gheorghita / The Daily Princetonian

April 22 marked the 10-year anniversary of the University Board of Trustees unanimously approving the search committee’s recommendation of Christopher Eisgruber ’83 as University president.

After interviews with Eisgruber's colleagues, current students, University administrators, and former coworkers, and a review of hundreds of letters, speeches, and articles by and about Eisgruber, the Daily Princetonian reviewed of Eisgruber's time as President, revealing a tenure characterized by a commitment to expand access to the University at a scale that, if successful, would rank him among Princeton’s most notable presidents. However, they also reveal a reserved relationship with community members and, specifically, a poor connection to student activists

The ‘Prince’ highlights key points of his tenure, such as: his shifting views on grade deflation, the Black Justice League protest, expansion of both the student body and the University itself, the firing of Joshua Katz, the COVID-19 pandemic, and his engagement with the student body.

READ THE FULL STORY
If you have any feedback or concerns about today’s newsletter, please email managingeditor@dailyprincetonian.com
You are receiving this email because you either subscribed on our old site or have subscribed recently.

Our mailing address is:
The Daily Princetonian
48 University Pl
Princeton, NJ 08540
Add us to your address book

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
The Daily Princetonian · 48 University Pl · Princeton, NJ 08540 · USA