Thursday, April 6, 2023
Newsletter by Sidney Singer and Keith Matanachai

As seniors sweat theses, SPIA offers short extension

Robertson Hall houses Princeton’s School of Public and International Affairs.
Angel Kuo / The Daily Princetonian

Good Morning! 

When debates about academic rigor and mental health start to pop up, one of the implicit features of Princeton at stake is the senior thesis.  Princeton's senior thesis is relatively unique among other colleges: Ethan Hicks '26 specifically mentioned the senior thesis as one of the aspects of Princeton that comprised its academic rigor.  As deadlines loom for seniors, many may find themselves crunched for time writing and revising the hefty pieces of research.

The School of Public and International Affairs (SPIA) offered a short reprieve for SPIA seniors, extending the deadline  from April 6 to April 10. In an interview with the ‘Prince,’ Taryn Sebba ’23, a SPIA major, expressed her gratitude for the extension and suggested that other departments should also consider extending their deadlines for the sake of student mental health.

READ THE PIECE HERE →
Analysis by Sidney Singer

Today’s Briefing:

Here’s how the Princeton Architect designs buildings for accessibility:  The Daily Princetonian sat down with University Architect Ron McCoy and Director of Campus Accessibility Michael Barnes to understand how the University designs for building accessibility, especially in the newly opened Yeh College and New College West, as well as the future Hobson College. 

In an interview with the ‘Prince’, Barnes cited his role as “going above and beyond” the standards set forth in the 1990 Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), which was amended in 2010 to include standards on architectural accessibility. 

READ THE STORY →

At your leisure

PODCAST: Listen to the latest episode of Daybreak, The Daily Princetonian’s daily news podcast. 
If you have any feedback or concerns about today’s newsletter, please email managingeditor@dailyprincetonian.com
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Lindsay Pagaduan. Thank you. 
You are receiving this email because you either subscribed on our old site or have subscribed recently.

Our mailing address is:
The Daily Princetonian
48 University Pl
Princeton, NJ 08540
Add us to your address book

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
The Daily Princetonian · 48 University Pl · Princeton, NJ 08540 · USA