Friday, February 3, 2023
Newsletter by Olivia Chen and Michelle Miao

Housing Accommodation Information Erroneously Sent Out

View of the Butler College Sign
Candace Do / The Daily Princetonian

Good morning! 

On Feb. 2, an email was sent to all students who requested housing accommodations that listed all accommodations granted to each student who applied instead of individual responses to their request. 

This is not the first time the University has erroneously circulated personal information to the larger community. In 2021, an email sent by University Health Services to all undergraduate students included private information such as staff employment status, employee ID numbers, and COVID-19 testing status.

This breach specifically affects the disability community on campus. In recent years, questions about how accommodating the University is to students with disabilities have come up repeatedly. Leaders of the Disability Collective criticized the University's decision to shift to fully in-person teaching in Spring 2022. Some have also noted how the University's on-campus construction projects have impacted mobility for students with disabilities. At the same time, the University has taken steps to increase accessibility in recent years, including making Nassau Hall wheelchair accessible. The effort to include neurodivergent students in accessibility initiatives is explored in a Feature published today.

READ THE STORY →
Analysis by Michelle Miao and Olivia Chen

Today's Briefing

SALARY INCREASE FOR STAFF: Most faculty, academic professionals, and staff received a 2.5 percent midyear salary increase in response to the record inflation over the past year. Unionized workers, including those working at the dining halls, are not eligible for this pay raise.

READ THE STORY→

OPINION | Rather than skipping meals, let's get them delivered

The Mathey College Dining Hall
Isabel Richardson / The Daily Princetonian
Contributing Columnist Prince Takano ’24 argues that in order to improve student health and promote healthy eating habits, Princeton should implement a new service: TigerEats. Takano writes that this service would "deliver meals from third-party apps, dining halls, and eating clubs directly to a student’s location.” He adds that because late-night dining options are limited and third-party food delivery services are not allowed on campus grounds, difficulties are created for students who study late into the night or who miss meals due to extracurriculars. “A service like TigerEats is one step to making Princeton healthier,” Takano states. 

READ THE COLUMN HERE 

SPORTS | Staff Picks

Senior forward Tosan Evbuomwan dropped a season-high nine assists the last time Princeton faced Cornell.
Courtesy of @PrincetonMBB/Twitter.
  • Men’s Basketball: Sports editors Hayk Yengibaryan and Diego Uribe make their predictions for weekend games against Cornell and Columbia. 
    Read full coverage here →

• Women’s Basketball: Sports writers Isabel Rodrigues and Allison Ha make their predictions for weekend games against Cornell and Columbia. 
    Read full coverage here →

At your leisure

If you have any feedback or concerns about today’s newsletter, please email managingeditor@dailyprincetonian.com
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Naisha Sylvestre. Thank you. 
You are receiving this email because you either subscribed on our old site or have subscribed recently.

Our mailing address is:
The Daily Princetonian
48 University Pl
Princeton, NJ 08540
Add us to your address book

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
The Daily Princetonian · 48 University Pl · Princeton, NJ 08540 · USA