Wednesday, December 14, 2022
Newsletter by Jordan Slaughter

Last CPUC meeting of 2022 previews Princeton annual DEI report; New Jersey’s minimum wage to increase to $14.13/hour

Julian Hartman-Sigall / The Daily Princetonian 

Todays Briefing: 

CPUC MEETING: On Monday, Dec. 12, the Council of the Princeton University Committee (CPUC) met to discuss updates to campus sustainability, this year’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) report, the Ad Hoc Committee on Sexual Climate, Culture and Conduct, and Middle States Accreditation. Administrators answered questions from students relating to traffic accidents and changes to the University’s no-contact order policy. 

READ THE STORY →

NEW JERSEY MINIMUM WAGE: The minimum wage in New Jersey is set to increase to $14.13 as of Jan. 1, in accordance with a multi-phase plan to increase the statewide minimum wage to $15 per hour by 2025. This legislation was signed into effect by Gov. Phil Murphy in 2019. On-campus student workers are set to receive wage increases for jobs that currently pay below the new minimum wage.

READ THE STORY →

OPINION | We have faced far more challenging moments of construction

Portions of the lawn in front of Whitman College are under construction as the University implements its new geoexchange program.
Candace Do / The Daily Princetonian
Contributing Columnist John Raulston Graham discusses the current volume of construction on campus and puts the current complaints about construction on campus into context with Princeton’s history. Graham cites instances of limited housing capacity in 1946 and 1995 which caused the University to take unprecedented actions to house all undergraduates. Graham discusses the Class of 1964’s move-in to campus which coincided with Hurricane Donna and the Class of 2024’s completely virtual first year at Princeton, placing current construction woes into perspective of the challenges the University has faced in its history. Graham says, “we see in the P-rade every year that we are only one small part of Princeton’s history. Be thankful to be a Princetonian and revel in the advancement of the campus.”

READ THE COLUMN →

More from Opinion: 

At Your Leisure:

If you have any feedback or concerns about today’s newsletter, please email managingeditor@dailyprincetonian.com
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Abby Bacall, Cecilia Zubler, and Sophie Glaser. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp