Monday, December 12, 2022
Newsletter by Jacqueline Zhou

University permits professors to give 24-hour extensions on Dean’s Date

A student works in the Julian Street Library.
Natalia Maidique / The Daily Princetonian

Todays Briefing: 

UNIVERSITY PERMITS PROFESSORS TO GIVE 24-HOUR EXTENSIONS ON DEAN’S DATE: On Dec. 8, students received an email which included announcement of a new policy regarding requests for extensions on Dean’s Date. This new policy allows students to directly contact instructors to request an extension, replacing the previous requirement of first contacting the dean. 

READ THE STORY →

FACULTY PANEL TALKS ‘STATE OF INDIGENOUS AMERICANS’The Office of Population Research of the School of Public and International Affairs hosted the event titled “The State of Indigenous Americans” on Thursday, Dec. 8. During the event, scholars discussed Native American displacement, the disproportionate effects of COVID-19 on the Native populations, and the effects of the residential school system. 

READ THE STORY →

ZOË TOWNS AND RENA KAREFA-JOHNSON TALK CRIMINAL JUSTICE, 2022 ELECTIONS: The Humanities Council and the Department of African American Studies sponsored the event titled “Crime, Safety and Justice in the 2022 Elections” on Dec. 9. Zoë Towns explained why the 2022 elections were treated as a referendum on crime by the media. Rena Karefa-Johnson analyzed the ways in which the media influence public opinion about crime in the United States.

READ THE STORY →

OPINION | Let’s add gender-neutral bathrooms without taking away existing single-sex ones

Photo Courtesy of sarahmirk
The referendum calling on the Office of the Provost to “establish a commission to investigate and provide recommendations on how the University may convert the majority of residential campus restrooms to be gender-neutral” passed during the USG’s 2022 winter elections. Contributing columnist Julianna Lee criticized the vague nature of the referendum, writing that “as a female student, knowing that there are male students in a place that I’ve always considered a safe haven scares me.”

READ THE OPINION →

Sports:

Sophomore Ilay Furman finished first in the triple jump with a distance of 13.44 meters.
Courtesy of GoPrincetonTigers.com.
At Your Leisure: 
If you have any feedback or concerns about today’s newsletter, please email managingeditor@dailyprincetonian.com.
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Tiffany Cao. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp