Tuesday, November 8, 2022
Newsletter by Amy Ciceu

USG confirms Honor Committee, reflects on campus grief

USG President Mayu Takeuchi ’23 presents at the Nov. 6 meeting.
Annie Rupertus / The Daily Princetonian

Todays Briefing: 

WEEKLY USG MEETING: On Sunday, Nov. 6, the Undergraduate Student Government (USG) convened its weekly meeting, during which it confirmed several new members of the Honor Committee, approved funding requests, and heard an address by Campus and Community Affairs (CCA) Chair Isabella Shutt ’24 responding to recent student deaths.

READ THE STORY →

PULITZER-PRIZE WINNING JOURNALIST SPEAKS ON CAMPUS: Steve Fainaru, Pulitzer Prize winner and investigative journalist at ESPN, discussed the relationship between sports, politics, and polarization on campus on Monday. For Fainaru, it is vital to “point out uncomfortable truths,” as it “feels disingenuous to ignore [politics] — it permeates the sport.”

READ THE STORY 

OPINION | Editorial Board: Princetons Efforts Towards Mental Health Must Be Transparent

McCosh Health Center
The Daily Princetonian Editorial Board argues that in light of recent tragic student deaths and a pervasive mental health crisis, the University must prioritize providing students with proactive resources as opposed to reactive mental health initiatives. “It is not enough to merely flood the student body with resources in the wake of campus tragedies. Instead, mental health resources must be made more visible and accessible, pushed to the forefront of campus life even in the absence of tragic events,” writes the Editorial Board.

READ THE OPINION →

More from Opinion:

SPONSORED:

DATA | Inside Princeton’s Free Food listserv

There’s nothing college students love more than free food — and a lot of it. The Daily Princetonian Data team analyzed the Free Food listserv to discover when, where, and what kind of food Princeton students are doling out.

DELVE INTO THE DATA →

SPORTS | Men’s water polo secures perfect conference record; Men's hockey falls to Colgate and Cornell

Sophomore goaltender Ethan Pearson protects the net from Cornell.
Courtesy of goprincetontigers.com.

At Your Leisure:

• PUZZLES: Try your hand at the Tuesday crossword puzzle, “Roll Call,” created by co-head Puzzles editor Gabe Robare and contributing constructor Harit Raghunathan!
  • PODCAST: Listen to the latest episode of Daybreak, The Daily Princetonian’s daily news podcast!
If you have any feedback or concerns about today’s newsletter, please email managingeditor@dailyprincetonian.com
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Nathalie Verlinde, Alen Palic, and Miriam Waldvogel. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp