Tuesday, November 15, 2022
Newsletter by Jacqueline Zhou

Remembering Former ‘Prince’ Production Supervisor Brian Smith

Brian Smith in the newsroom.
Courtesy of Christin Whelan

Todays Briefing: 

REMEMBERING FORMER ‘PRINCE’ PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR BRIAN SMITH: Brian Smith, who served as a former production supervisor for The Daily Princetonian, passed away at the age of 66. He served on the ‘Prince’ from 1986 to 2010, and his duties included assisting the production and layout of the newspaper as the ‘Prince’ was transitioning to modernized printing and beginning to have a digital presence.

READ THE STORY →

MARIE-ROSE SHEINERMAN ’23 NAMED WINNER OF 2022 RHODES SCHOLARSHIP: Marie-Rose Sheinerman 23, the current Editor-in-Chief of The Daily Princetonian, is among the winners of this year’s Rhodes Scholarships. She is currently pursuing a major in history with a certificate in Russian, East European and Eurasian studies at Princeton. She intends to pursue an M.Phil. in Modern European History at Oxford following graduation. 

READ THE STORY →

Opinion | We must prioritize architectural diversity at Princeton

ⓒ Turner Construction Company.
WE MUST PRIORITIZE ARCHITECTURAL DIVERSITY AT PRINCETON: Contributing columnist John Raulston Graham argues that a diverse architecture is representative of Princeton’s pride in its liberal arts education as well as a record of the University’s history. He wrote, “Students are now not only conservative but reactionary in their approach to architecture.”

READ THE OPINION →

NEWER BUILDINGS MUST NOT STRAY FROM PRINCETON'S GOTHIC ROOTS: Contributing columnist Prince Takano argues that Princeton’s recent construction projects including New College West, Yeh, and Hobson College “look terrible.” In regards to “creating a building with as much artistic and architectural merit as the older parts of campus," Takano writes, “Princeton decided to settle with less.”

READ THE OPINION →

Sports

Issy Wunder scores her first career goal on Saturday against Syracuse.
Courtesy of goprincetontigers.com.

At Your Leisure: 

• PUZZLES: Try your hand at the Tuesday crossword puzzle, “Now You C Me...,” created by Senior Constructor Jaeda Woodruff and contributing constructor Sabrina Effron!
  • PODCAST: Listen to the latest episode of Daybreak, The Daily Princetonian’s daily news podcast!
If you have any feedback or concerns about today’s newsletter, please email managingeditor@dailyprincetonian.com
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Alexandra Hong, Alen Palic, Hareton Song, and Miriam Waldvogel. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp