Monday, November 14, 2022
Newsletter by Olivia Chen

Eisgruber names ‘rebuilding and fortifying’ Engineering School as top priority

Candace Do / The Daily Princetonian

Todays Briefing: 

ENGINEERING SCHOOL CONSTRUCTION IN FOCUS: President Christopher Eisgruber ’83 told the ‘Prince’ in an exclusive interview on Friday that, if he had to pick just one, his top priority for the next five years is ‘rebuilding and fortifying’ the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. “I think we’ve got a terrific group of faculty working in a 1962 building that looks depressingly like my high school,” Eisgruber said while sitting down with the ‘Prince’ in Nassau Hall. “That's not the set of facilities we need for the 21st century, and you cannot be a great liberal arts university in the 21st century without having a great school of engineering."

READ THE STORY →

HUMAN NATURE AND SCIENCE GUEST LECTURE: Slavoj Žižek spoke on campus earlier this month for a lecture hosted by the Department of Comparative Literature. The lecture brought almost 200 community members to McCosh Hall.

READ THE STORY →

OPINION | Princeton must do more in its efforts of Indigenous advocacy

Despite only being one year old, Natives at Princeton has made their affinity space within Green Hall inviting to students of all indigenous backgrounds. 
Angel Kuo / The Daily Princetonian
Assistant Opinion Editor Gisele Bisch argues that despite the University’s stated goal to “build relationships with Native American and Indigenous communities,” Princeton has not taken enough actions to achieve it. Bisch acknowledges that many plans will take time, but writes, “As it stands, the University is doing nowhere near enough to educate its community about the Indigenous land it stands on or the Lenni-Lenape people native to it. Equally so, Princeton is not providing sufficient Indigenous educational resources to its full capacity.”

READ THE COLUMN →

SPONSORED:

SPORTS | Football suffers first loss of season at Yale

The Tigers will have a chance to win a share of the Ivy League title next weekend against Penn. 
Connor Odom / The Daily Princetonian
On Saturday afternoon, Princeton football (8–1 overall, 5–1 Ivy League) fell to Yale (7–2, 5–1) in a 24–20 battle in New Haven. In the Tigers' first loss of the season, they missed out on a second consecutive bonfire and their chances of winning or sharing the Ivy League Championship will now be determined by their final game against Penn next weekend.

READ THE STORY →

Read more from Sports:

At Your Leisure:

Coffee Club, NCW location.
Isabella Dail / The Daily Princetonian

If you have any feedback or concerns about today’s newsletter, please email managingeditor@dailyprincetonian.com
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Bhoomika Chowdhary and Nathalie Verlinde. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp