Monday, October 24, 2022
Newsletter by Olivia Chen and Kareena Bhakta

USG presses administrators for dining pilot details

Charter Club, one of the 11 eating clubs on Prospect Ave.
Candace Do / The Daily Princetonian

Todays Briefing: 

USG PRESSES ADMINISTRATORS FOR DINING PILOT DETAILS: On Oct. 14, USG issued a unanimous request to administrations, urging the University to release official information about the upperclass student dining pilot. The letter stated that the “lack of official information [about the pilot] has perpetuated confusion and prevented informed discussion among the undergraduate student body.” They asked that this information, including relevant “financial and logistical details,” be released sometime this week. 

READ THE STORY →

JAMES MADISON PROGRAM EVENT: On Oct. 6, former ACLU president, Nadine Strossen, spoke in conversation with Assistant Professor of Politics Greg Conti about the state of free speech at a panel hosted by the James Madison Program in American Ideals and Institutions. Strossen discussed the University of Chicago’s Kalven Report (which emphasizes institutional neutrality on free speech issues), the termination of Professor Joshua Katz, and partisanship in free speech.

READ THE STORY →

Read more from News:

From Opinion:

Natalia Maidique / The Daily Princetonian
REACTIONS: WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE ABOUT PRINCETON: In 2021, then Editor-in-Chief, Emma Treadway ’22, challenged the student body to take the post-pandemic opportunity to change Princeton. From brunch hours, to the Honor Code, to fossil fuel divestment, columnists at the ‘Prince’ talk about one thing they would want to change about Princeton.

READ THE COLUMN →

LETTER TO THE EDITOR: IDENTITY POLITICS CAN'T MASK THE REAL PROBLEMS INSIDE THE SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE: Former faculty and Dean of the School of Architecture, Alejandro Zaera-Polo, responds to a story that appeared in The Daily Princetonian earlier this year about his dismissal. He writes, “Even worse than ‘cancellation,’ these accusations of ‘patriarchy’ and ‘bigotry’ are a classic example of witch hunting, a procedure customarily used by authoritarian regimes to suppress dissent and legitimize repression, or worse.”

READ THE COLUMN →

SPONSORED:

From Features:

Photo courtesy of Brenda O'Hara
Brenda “Bee” Loretta O’Hara, known around Forbes College for enthusiastically greeting students as they enter the dining hall, arrived at Princeton in 2006. O’Hara has worked at Frist, Whitman, and Forbes. The Daily Princetonian sat down with O’Hara to talk about her experience at Princeton and her life at home, and interviewed students to ask about their experience with O’Hara. “Students come and I say, ‘Have a good class, enjoy your day,’ to make my day go by from 11:30–2, socializing with the students and the staff,” O'Hara said.

READ THE STORY →

At Your Leisure:

If you have any feedback or concerns about today’s newsletter, please email managingeditor@dailyprincetonian.com
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Cecilia Zubler. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp