Friday, October 14, 2022
Newsletter by Kareena Bhakta and Jacqueline Zhou

Princeton dismisses Kevin Kruse plagiarism allegations as ‘careless cutting and pasting’

Professor of History Kevin Kruse
Etta Recke / Office of Communications

Todays Briefing: 

KEVIN KRUSE: Investigations into the alleged plagiarism by Professor of History Kevin Kruse at Princeton and Cornell have concluded and the accusations have been dismissed. He announced the decision via his Twitter account after a nearly four-month hiatus from the platform. Dean of the Cornell Graduate School and Vice Provost for Graduate Education Kathryn Boor explained that the investigation found no intent to plagiarize, and Kruse has expressed a desire to move on from the incident.

READ THE STORY →

GENIUS GRANT RECIPIENTS: On Wednesday, Oct. 12, Professor of Mathematics June Huh and Melanie Matchet Wood GS ’09, a mathematics professor at Harvard, were announced among the recipients of the 2022 MacArthur fellowship — colloquially known as the “Genius Grant.” Huh received the grant for “discovering underlying connections between disparate areas of mathematics and proving long-standing mathematical conjectures,” while Wood received the award for “addressing foundational questions in number theory from the perspective of arithmetic statistics,” according to their award statements.

READ THE STORY →

Read more from News:

Opinion | U. Administrators: Dining pilot will test ideas for improving campus dining

Naussau Hall 
José Pablo Fernández García / The Daily Princetonian
University administrators W. Rochelle Calhoun, Chris Burkmar, Maureen McWhirter, and Chad Klaus write a Letter to the Editor, explaining that the proposed dining pilot program is a response to what “the community ha[s] described as inequities in our dining program.” They write, “As with any pilot project, we hope to learn about the feasibility of the idea as well as its desirability once some students have had the opportunity to experience the change.”

READ THE COLUMN →
Read more from Opinion:
SPONSORED:

From The Prospect:

Princeton Garden Theatre
Rudy Arzaga / The Daily Princetonian
MOVIE REVIEW: Head Sports Editor Wilson Conn reviews the new movie “Don’t Worry Darling,” directed by Olivia Wilde. Conn comments on the “blandness” of its commentary on sexism. He expresses disappointment about the lack of character development in the protagonist Alice, played by Florence Pugh, the messy screenplay, and Harry Styles’ flat performance. Conn writes that the film takes itself too seriously for its “disappointingly shallow critiques of male chauvinism.”

READ THE REVIEW →
Read more from The Prospect: The Prospect invites you to contribute to an upcoming project highlighting personal narratives from Hispanic and Latine individuals in the Princeton community.

In order to contribute to this project, please fill out this form with your submission by 11:59 p.m. on Oct. 28.

At Your Leisure:

If you have any feedback or concerns about today’s newsletter, please email managingeditor@dailyprincetonian.com
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Tiffany Cao. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp