Friday, April 22, 2022
On-campus readers: Be sure to pick up a copy of our special issues, "Queer Remembrances, Queer Futures," in a dining hall, eating club, or distribution box near you today. This is our last print issue of the academic year. 
Newsletter by Kareena Bhakta
Queer Remembrances, Queer Futures
Design: Omar Farah / The Daily Princetonian
Photography: Erin Macanze
Letter from the Editors:
Editor-in-Chief Marie-Rose Sheinerman and Managing Editor Omar Farah introduce The Daily Princetonian’s latest special issue titled “Queer Remembrances, Queer Futures.” Sheinerman and Farah write, “As Princeton’s paper of record, The Daily Princetonian plays an important role in the creation and maintenance of the queer archive on campus. Unfortunately, given a history of violence toward and attempted erasure of the LGBTQ+ community, the archive of queer existence on this campus and beyond is often remarkably thin and marred by a lack of empathy for its subjects.”

They conclude by adding, “Our sincere hope is that this marks not a one-off product, but a catalyst for continued, consistent, and abundant storytelling in the ‘Prince’ for and by members of the Princeton queer community.”

Today’s newsletter features some of the stories from the issue, but check out the full spread either online (click here) or by picking up a print copy. 

READ THE FULL LETTER →
Griffin Maxwell Brooks ’23.
Sam Kagan / The Daily Princetonian
SPONSORED:
From The Prospect:
Courtesy of Lambda Archives
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Genele Hua. Thank you. 
Referred by a friend? Click here to subscribe to The Daily Princetonian’s Daily Newsletter

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp