Friday, April 15, 2022
On-campus readers: Be sure to pick up a copy of this week’s issue in a dining hall, eating club, or distribution box near you today. 
Newsletter by Kareena Bhakta

USG officer affirms bylaws in response to objection on preliminary referendum results

Caitlin Limestahl / The Daily Princetonian

Todays Briefing: 

REFERENDUM NO. 3: Following the public release of preliminary results from the Spring 2022 Undergraduate Student Government (USG) election on Wednesday, specifics of the USG Constitution’s language and election bylaws have sparked confusion over whether Referendum No. 3 has passed.

In communications shared with The Daily Princetonian, the USG Chief Elections Manager responded to a student's objection to the election management by acknowledging a “miscommunication” and affirming the USG Constitution’s policy that "abstain" votes are not counted in the total vote tally in calculating the majority vote.

READ THE STORY →

FUSION ENERGY: On Feb. 14, Professor of Astrophysical Sciences and Director of the Princeton Program in Plasma Physics Nathaniel Fisch and his team received $1.5 million in funding from the United States Department of Energy for their novel “Economical Proton-Boron11 Fusion.” This project focuses on refining an innovative form of fusion energy, which is promising for the future of clean energy. 

READ THE STORY →

Read more from News:

OPINION | YAT candidates should defy the rules and debate

Community Opinion Editor Rohit A. Narayanan comments on the Young Alumni Trustee election, writing that candidates should defy the Board of Trustees’ rule that candidates cannot campaign about issues they may face while on the Board by holding a debate. “Students deserve a voice on the Board of Trustees,” Narayanan ’24 argues. “They can’t have that voice if their representatives aren’t even allowed to address the issues most important to students when they’re campaigning.”

READ THE COLUMN →
Read Letters to the Editor: 
SPONSORED:

From Sports: 

Junior attack Kate Mulham was the only player with more than one goal for the Tigers, finishing with five.
Courtesy of GoPrincetonTigers

At Your Leisure:

Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Genele Hua. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp