Friday, March 4, 2022
This marks the final installment of our abridged midterms week publishing schedule.

During spring break this coming week, The Daily Princetonian will be publishing only breaking news and timely sports coverage. Please look out for us in your inbox again on Monday, March 14.

There is no print issue this week.
Newsletter by Kareena Bhakta and Aditi Desai

NJ Transit considers Dinky alternative

Gabriel Robare / The Daily Princetonian

Todays Briefing: 

DINKY: NJ Transit has begun studying and finding alternatives for the Dinky, the shortest scheduled commuter rail line in the nation. The two main options being considered include one calling for an electric light rail embedded in a railway and the other involving no additional construction. According to Jim Smith, a representative from NJ Transit, the study is expected to conclude in the spring or summer of 2022. 

READ THE STORY →

JEWISH DISABILITY AWARENESS: February is Jewish Disability Awareness, Inclusion, and Acceptance Month. Associate News Editor Emerita and current senior news writer Naomi Hess, started the Center for Jewish Life's disability awareness Shabbat in 2019. This year, the CJL partnered with the Carl A. Fields Center and the Gender and Sexuality Resource Center to invite Chella Man, who joined the CJL for its traditional dinner before engaging in a Q&A about his experience as someone who identifies as Deaf, Jewish, transgender, and Chinese.

READ THE STORY →

TEST-OPTIONAL: Princeton University recently announced that it will be extending its test-optional admission policy for another year. All of the other Ivy League universities will remain test-optional through the 2022–23 admissions cycle, primarily due to the lack of testing accessibility. In speaking with students about the change in the University’s admissions policy for the upcoming year, The Daily Princetonian found that many students are in favor of the new policy. 

READ THE STORY →

Read more from News:

From Opinion:

From Sports:

Photo courtesy of Shelley M. Szwast / GoPrincetonTigers.com

From The Prospect:

Audrey Yang / The Daily Princetonian

At Your Leisure:

Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Genele Hua, Auhjanae McGee, Shireen A Waraich. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp