Friday, March 18, 2022
On-campus readers: Be sure to pick up a copy of this week’s issue in a dining hall, eating club, or distribution box near you today.
Newsletter by Kareena Bhakta

Princeton students fundraise, petition, express solidarity with Ukraine following Russian invasion

Princeton students and town members came to the front of Nassau Hall to protest Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
Mark Dodici / The Daily Princetonian

Todays Briefing: 

SOLIDARITY WITH UKRAINE: On Feb. 25, a group of students, faculty, and local residents gathered outside of Nassau Hall to express their solidarity with the people of Ukraine. Since then, students have taken to many other forms of support and activism across campus, including a fundraiser through the Center for Jewish Life and a Letter of Solidarity with Ukraine distributed by a group of Russian students. This group has also created a new student organization called “02.24.2022,” named after the date of the Russian invasion, to provide accurate and reliably sourced information about the war and to hold events.

READ THE STORY →

CONGRESSIONAL MAPS: Professor Samuel Wang, Director of the Princeton Project and the Electoral Innovation Lab, served as an advisor in the first bipartisan redrawing of congressional maps in New Jersey’s history. In an interview with The Daily Princetonian, Wang discusses why this year’s vote on the new congressional maps might have been different.

READ THE STORY →

From Opinion: 

The obligation to act: how Princeton University can promote housing justice

In the first installment of a multi-part series on how Princeton University can promote affordable housing in a reparative framework and provide a model for other similar institutions to follow, Graduate Student Columnist Matt Mleczko provides background on the Butler Tract and the University’s historic and on-going role in housing dynamics in Princeton. 
SPONSORED:

From Sports:

Abby Meyers and the Tigers land in Bloomington for the first round of March Madness.

At Your Leisure:

Play today’s puzzle titled ‘The Big Dance.’
“Basketball Net Free Stock Image” by Skitter Photos / CC0

Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Genele Hua. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp