Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Graduate hotel to begin construction after Thanksgiving; USG winter election cycle begins Dec. 6

The space where construction for the Graduate Hotel will begin to occur following Thanksgiving.
Aidan Iacobucci / The Daily Princetonian

Todays Briefing: 

After official approval from the Princeton Zoning Board, construction plans for the Graduate Hotel to be built on underutilized space above Jammin’ Crepes, Milk and Cookies, and Small Bites are scheduled to begin in late November. While these businesses will not be displaced by the construction, business owners have varying opinions on the project. 

“It would be good to have another hotel near the university, but the size of the planned facility may adversely impact life in and around it,” wrote Professor Harriet Flower, Classics professor and clerk of the faculty, in an email to the ‘Prince.’

READ THE STORY →

As winter imminently approaches, the Undergraduate Student Government (USG) plans to commence a new election cycle on Dec. 6th., during which student voting is slated to open at noon. Students will be able to vote for their top candidates for executive officers — including President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Academics Chair, among others — and class senators. Candidates for USG positions must attend at least one of two open houses in November and complete registration forms by Nov. 23 at 11:59 PM after having garnered a minimum of 25 signatures from students in their class. Candidates will officially be able to begin campaigning after students return from Thanksgiving break.

“Participating in these elections is an important responsibility as a community member; it ensures that your interests are represented in the decision-making of the school,” said USG Chief Elections Manager Brian Li ’24.

READ THE STORY →

This Week in Photos: Nov. 10-16

This week, Princeton beats Yale after several rain delays; autumn makes a grand entrance in the form of colorful foliage on campus trees; and the renowned Forbes chocolate fountain continues to attract student brunchers. 

At Your Leisure:

• SATIRE: Angered by Merriam-Webster-imposed orthodoxy and cowardly lawsuit-fearing Trustees, members of various campus publications at the University have decided to create a new publication that will allow students to publish whatever they want, with no editorial oversight.
  • PODCAST: Tune in to the latest episode of Daybreak!
Dorm Thoughts
Arianna Borromeo / The Daily Princetonian
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Andrew Do. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp