Monday, November 1, 2021

Princeton’s endowment grows to $37.7B, with second-highest yearly returns in the Ivy League

22 Chambers Street, which houses the Princeton University Investment Company (PRINCO).
Ben Ball / The Daily Princetonian

Todays Briefing: 

ENDOWMENT: The University announced Friday that its endowment has grown to $37.7 billion, a 46.9 percent year-over-year return. The endowment earned more than $10 billion since the 2019–20 fiscal year when it was reported at $26.6 billion. It remains the third-highest in the Ivy League, behind Harvard and Yale, but the highest per student — with roughly $4.6 million for each enrolled undergraduate and graduate student.

In a press release, President Christopher Eisgruber ’83 stated “This year’s exceptional returns reflect not only strong underlying markets but also the superb work of PRINCO’s outstanding investment team over many years.”

READ THE STORY →

DIVESTMENT: Princeton, University of Pennsylvania, and Yale remain the only Ivy League institutions to remain invested in the fossil fuel industry, following announcements by Harvard and Dartmouth earlier this year officially announcing divestment. As pressure mounts on these remaining universities to divest, student leaders remain hopeful in the face of several challenges regarding divestment. 

READ THE STORY →

WINTER BREAK HOUSING: In an Oct. 29 memo to the student body, Dean of the College Jill Dolan and Vice President for Campus Life W. Rochelle Calhoun announced that only students participating in the Continuous Housing program and select student-athletes will be allowed to remain on campus during the upcoming winter break. This new protocol is a shift from previous years, as no application was needed to remain on campus during winter break prior to 2019. Eligible students are required to apply for the program through the Princeton Service Portal, which closes on Friday, Nov. 19 at 5 p.m.

READ THE STORY →

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: 
In honor of National First-Generation College Students day, The Prospect (The ‘Prince’s Arts and Culture section) is soliciting reflections from Princeton’s first-generation, low-income (FLI) community about their journeys to, through, and beyond Princeton. If you would like to share a submission (we are asking for 100-250 words, though if you feel compelled to write more, please let us know), please do so with this Google form by Nov. 2 at 11:59 p.m. There is also an option to submit photos, if you’d like. If you have any questions, please reach out to The Prospect editors at . We look forward to reading your submissions!

In Opinion

At Your Leisure

Senior linebacker Jeremiah Tyler had a 36-yard fumble return for a TD in Princeton's 34–16 win over Cornell.
Courtesy of GoPrincetonTigers.com
Walking on Campus
Sandy Lee / The Daily Princetonian 
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Cecilia Zubler. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp