Monday, October 4, 2021
Editor’s Note: 
The ‘Prince’ has retracted a satirical article that appeared with the headline “USG announces new Lawnparties headliner, books R. Kelly for final performance before prison.” 

Whether you have read the piece or not, the ‘Prince’ apologizes for the publication of this piece, which was hurtful to many members of our community. A full explanation of the retraction is available here.  

Unruly crowds disrupt Lawnparties festivities, allegedly cause student injury

The crowded backyard of Quadrangle Club during headliner A$AP Ferg’s performance.
Ceon Sun / The Daily Princetonian

A Lawnparties Briefing: 

Large and unruly crowds disrupted the headliner act at Lawnparties, A$AP Ferg, as students were repeatedly called to back away from the stage and were seemingly unresponsive. A member of the security team reported one student injury to the crowd, stating “You’re hurting people. Stop.“

After A$AP Ferg took the stage, his performance was stopped multiple times by the security team as students crowded against the barrier. At one point, A$AP Ferg told the crowd “Can y’all move all the way back? Turn around and walk to the back.”

Aside from the headliner act at Quadrangle Club, Lawnparties performances took place in six of the 11 eating clubs on Prospect Avenue. Performers at Tower Club, Tiger Inn, Colonial Club, Ivy Club, and Terrace Club included The Wldlfe, LZRD, smallpools, DJ Kazuo Nakamura, and Ruby the Hatchet.

READ THE STORY →

PODCAST: Listen to today's episode of Daybreak, The Daily Princetonian's daily podcast, which details the crowds and chaos of the Lawnparties headliner concert, A$AP Ferg, including interviews with students at the performance

LISTEN HERE→

In Opinion

José Pablo Fernández García

Columnist Brittani Telfair argues that the controversies regarding the two previous Lawnparties indicate that Undergraduate Student Government is in need of reform.

Telfair states “It is undeniable that USG representatives are hard-working, and that should be recognized. The controversy regarding the past two Lawnparties raises concern, however. Because much of USG’s work is hidden from the student body, they are largely unaccountable to us.”

READ THE COLUMN→

More from Opinion

Princeton Sports

A Tiger defender comes up with a big stop on a diving tackle near the home sideline.
Mark Dodici / The Daily Princetonian

At your leisure

Post Malone performing at Governors Ball.
Davina Thompson / The Daily Princetonian
Flower Power
Fizzah Arshad / The Daily Princetonian
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Zoey Nell. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp