Friday, October 29, 2021

Dillon Gym expansion project to begin summer 2022

Concept art of the renovated Dillon Gym.
Courtesy of University Facilities

Todays Briefing: 

CAMPUS RENOVATIONS: Princeton anticipates that an expansion project for Dillon Gymnasium will begin in the summer of 2022, to be completed by spring 2025. The renovation will include a new accessible entrance on Elm Drive, and an elevator with greater access to all levels of the building on the South side. In addition, the plans include an outdoor court space, and a New South Pavilion, which will serve as an additional space for cardio workouts. The University submitted formal plans to Princeton Planning Board in August, which were deemed “acceptable” and scheduled for further review; the University hopes to go back to the Planning Board in January.

READ THE STORY →

SPORTS: Princeton rowing dominated in the Head of the Charles in Boston this past weekend with the women’s lightweight 8+ boat taking home a gold medal. The men’s heavyweight crew team sent a 4+ and 8+ boat with both finishing in the top ten of their respective championships. The women’s open crew team sent one 4+ boat and two 8+ boats. The 4+ boat finished eighth and sixth among collegiate boats while the 1V 8+ boat finished second and the 2V 8+ boat finished 12th. The men’s lightweight crew team sent two 8+ boats, both finishing in the top-five. Finally, the women’s lightweight crew team also sent a 4+ boat, which finished third.

READ THE STORY →

SPONSORED AD
The Committee on Honorary Degrees invites suggestions of candidates for honorary degrees to be awarded at Commencement 2023.

In making recommendations to the Board of Trustees, the committee seeks to propose a group of candidates who represent a range of backgrounds and professional accomplishments. Additionally, each year one of the recipients is an emeritus member of the Princeton faculty who has been retired for at least 5 years. Your nominations for honorary degree recipients, including faculty emeriti candidates, are welcome.

For more information and to submit a nomination, please visit the honorary degrees website:  https://president.princeton.edu/vice-president-and-secretary/honorary-degrees.

Nominations for Commencement 2023 must be submitted by Friday, November 5, 2021.

In Opinion

What I've learned about midterms

Columnist Claudia Frykberg reflects on her second-to-last midterms, and her growth as a student from as a first year student to now. Frykberg states, “during these latest midterms, I have to admit the stress crept right back in and sat there, familiar, like an old friend whose visits are never planned but always occur regardless. But this year, something was different.”
Call for submissions: In honor of National First-Generation College Students day, The Prospect is soliciting reflections from Princeton’s first-generation, low-income (FLI) community about their journeys to, through, and beyond Princeton. If you would like to share a submission (we are asking for 100-250 words, though if you feel compelled to write more, please let us know), please do so with this Google form by Oct. 30 at 11:59p.m. There is also an option to submit photos, if you’d like. If you have any questions, please reach out to The Prospect editors at . We look forward to reading your submissions!

At your leisure

Sydney Peng / The Daily Princetonian
Air Traffic
Hannah Mittleman
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Isabel Rodrigues. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp