Monday, October 25, 2021

Princeton beats Harvard in a nail-biting, quintuple-overtime Homecoming game

Mark Dodici / The Daily Princetonian

Todays Briefing: 

SPORTS: Go Tigers! On Saturday, Princeton football beat Harvard 18–16, in the Ivy League’s first ever quintuple overtime game. Both teams were undefeated this season prior to the game — this game leaves Princeton undefeated with six wins. This game also marks Princeton's fourth time in a row claiming victory over Harvard. 

The game was not without controversy, however, with the Ivy League later admitting to third-overtime officiating errors that may have changed the outcome of the game.

Over 10,000 fans were in attendance at the Homecoming game, many of whom stormed the field following the final whistle.

READ THE STORY →

OBIT: Peter C. Bunnell, former Princeton University Art Museum director, dies at 83
Courtesy of the Princeton University Department of Art and Archaeology
Peter C. Bunnell, former David Hunter McAlpin Professor of the History of Photography and Modern Art and a renowned photography scholar, passed away on September 20 at the age of 83 following a long battle with melanoma. Bunnell served two terms as director of the Princeton University Art Museum and was the museum’s curator of photography for 30 years. 

In a written statement, current Art Museum director James Steward named Bunnell “one of the most essential figures in the history of photography.” “Peter taught, mentored and shaped generations of students,” said Steward. “He was also one of the kindest people you could hope to know.”

Bunnell’s 1970 show at the Museum of Modern Art entitled “Photography Into Sculpture” is perhaps his best known work. The show displayed photographs as three-dimensional physical objects in an effort to “exhaust the complexities of contemporary photography.” 

READ THE STORY →

In Opinion

McCosh Health Center

At Your Leisure

Brain on Break
Sandy Lee / The Daily Princetonian
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Juliet Sturge. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp