Monday, September 6, 2021

Latest from the ‘Prince’

Call for Submissions

In observance of the 20th anniversary of 9/11, The Prospect [Arts & Culture section of the ‘Prince’] is asking Princeton community members — students, faculty, staff, and alumni — to share brief personal reflections, around 250 words in length. We invite you to share fragments of your family’s history, personal memories, and any other anecdotes related to 9/11 that are meaningful to your life. Please submit your reflections here.

In Opinion

Flooding in Joline Hall.
Courtesy of Alex Moosbrugger

The Orange Bubble is not invincible. Now what?

Senior Columnist Claudia Frykberg argues that last week’s storm should inspire students to take meaningful action in the fight against climate change, including by calling on the University to act with greater urgency regarding its divestment and sustainability plans. Frykberg states “If Hurricane Ida showed us anything, it is that the issue is at our doorstep and time is a luxury we no longer have. As a result of climate change, hurricanes like Ida will only become stronger and more frequent, posing greater infrastructural challenges to urban landscapes like NYC and threatening New Jersey (and our very own campus) with higher levels of flooding and greater storm damage.”

READ THE OPINION →
SPONSORED AD

At your leisure

Sydney Peng / The Daily Princetonian
PROSPECT: After a hiatus, the reality competition show “Survivor” is returning on Sept. 22 for its 41st season. Assistant Prospect Editor Molly Cutler explores how the show has failed its contestants from marginalized groups and what needs to change for the coming seasons to shine.
Headlines in History

On this day in 1972, The Daily Princetonian published its first issue of the paper using offset printing, a printing technology remarkably different from the previous letterpress printing. In their printing announcement, the then Managing Editors stated “Now more than ever, the Princetonian requires staff members who are interested in newspaper work ... Whether you're interested in news, business, or photography, the creative possibilities are endless. We're waiting for you.”

Today, the possibilities are even more endless. The ‘Prince’ today boasts more than a dozen sections working in both print and digital formats, including design, newsletter, and podcast. Learn more about joining our organization at our recruitment website and join us at 48 University Place this Wednesday (09/08) from 5–8 PM for our open house! We're waiting for you, and we can't wait for you to join us.
Directions
Elizabeth Medina / The Daily Princetonian
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Isabel Rodrigues. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp