Friday, September 24, 2021

Q&A with Po-Shen Loh GS ’10; One COVID-19 disciplinary case adjudicated on campus

Po-Shen Loh GS ’10
Photo courtesy of Po-Shen Loh

Todays Briefing: 

Q&A: News staffer Allan Shen sits down with Po-Shen Loh GS ’10, a professor of mathematics at Carnegie Mellon University, to discuss “his unique teaching style, how math instruction in America might be improved, and NOVID.” NOVID is a contract-racing app developed by Loh, which takes a proactive approach to contact-tracing for COVID and other future infectious diseases by informing the user of their proximity to the disease. Loh developed the app in addition to his research studying the intersection of probability theory, combinatorics, and computer science. He was the previous head coach of the International Math Olympiad.
READ THE STORY →

COVID-19: The University has recently adjudicated a disciplinary case related to COVID-19 safety protocols, although the outcome of the case remains unknown. University spokesperson Michael Hotchkiss has said that “the current masking policy will remain in effect until further notice.” In addition, the University has maintained a campus risk level of “low to moderate.” Read the article to hear student perspectives on the campus masking policy. 

READ THE STORY →

SPORTS: At this past Tuesday’s home game, the men’s soccer team lost to Saint Joseph’s with a score of 3-2. Having won against Saint Joseph’s in the last game before the pandemic, the Princeton team battled it out in both halves. Read senior sports writer Rachel Posner’s coverage of the game, including interviews with team members. 

READ THE STORY →

SPONSORED AD

From Prospect:

Patrons survey the art at Princeton Makes on its opening day.
Auhjanae McGee / The Daily Princetonian
Head Prospect Editor Auhjanae McGee interviews artists at Princeton Makes, the new local arts cooperative, on its opening day. The founder of Princeton Makes, Jim Levine, was the former interim director of the Arts Council of Princeton.  

At Your Leisure: 

Complexities of the Mind
Sierra Stern / The Daily Princetonian 
  • Listen to Daybreak’s new episode covering the University’s visitor policy here
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Auhjanae McGee. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp