Tuesday, April 6, 2021

USG Senate reviews student surveys; New Jersey COVID-19 vaccine eligibility to expand April 19

CORRECTION: 
We recently published a story stating that earlier this year was the first time all eight Ivy League papers were led by women. However, women had also served in the highest editorial position of all eight papers during portions of 2016. On April 5, this article was updated to reflect these changes and remove statements from interviewees based on this incorrect premise, with an editor's note explaining the changes.

The ‘Prince’ regrets the error.

Todays Briefing: 

A sticker handed out after a COVID-19 vaccination at CVS 
Celia Buchband / The Daily Princetonian

New Jersey residents age 16 and older will become eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine beginning April 19. Currently, University faculty and staff are eligible for vaccination. Despite more individuals becoming vaccinated, the University will maintain the Social Contract. While on campus, individuals must continue to wear face masks, socially distance, and participate in asymptomatic testing.

READ THE STORY →

The USG Senate met this past Sunday to discuss the results of the Spring Social Engagement Survey. Members decided that there will be no Lawnparties this year, considered how to better engage with off-campus students, and proposed the distribution of new Princeton merchandise. The Senate also reviewed the results of the Spring Sustainability Survey to find sustainable practices for the dining hall such as providing students with reusable utensils. 

READ THE STORY →

Last Friday, a petition with over 900 signatures in support of the University expanding its COVID-19 resources to the larger Princeton community was delivered to Nassau Hall. A safe demonstration held at FitzRandolph Gate marked the occasion with about 20 attendees. 

READ THE STORY →

Marie Yovanovitch ’80, the former Ambassador to Ukraine, discussed American foreign policy under the Trump administration as part of a panel titled “In the Nation’s Service.” Yovanovitch had previously testified against former President Donald Trump during his first impeachment trial and reflected upon her career in foreign service by stating, “It’s about listening, and understanding and listening deeply for comprehension.”

READ THE STORY →

The Legacy of Afong Moy
Sophia Colmenares / The Daily Princetonian

From Opinion: 

• Guest Contributor Jacy Duan reflects on her Asian American identity through the lens of Afong Moy, the first recorded Chinese woman to immigrate to the United States, writing, “Afong Moy continues to live in the strong Asian women in my life and in myself.” 

On Financial Aid: 

From Sports:

The Tigers celebrate after beating UCLA 43-41 in the 1996 NCAA Tournament. 
Photo Courtesy of Ben Hart ’96

At Your Leisure:

Saliva Testing Protocols
C Leane / The Daily Princetonian
SPONSORED: Save money, help local businesses, and support Princeton’s public and charter schools with the Princeton Perks discount card. That’s a win-win-win! Cards sales end April 30. 
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Catie Parker. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp