Monday, April 5, 2021

N.J. vaccine eligibility expands to educators and support staff

THIS WEEK IN PHOTOS: March 29 - April 4
See the collection →

Todays Briefing: 

Starting today, April 5, all New Jersey educators and educational “support staff will be eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine, as part of the state’s newest vaccination phase. This expansion includes all University researchers as well as students who work on campus. Furthermore, all N.J. residents ages 16 and older should be eligible for a vaccine beginning May 1, according to a memo by Dean of the Faculty Sanjeev Kulkarni and Vice President for Human Resources Lianne Sullivan-Crowley to University faculty and staff. 

READ THE STORY →

FROM THE EDITORIAL BOARD: The Daily Princetonian Editorial Board calls on both the University and fellow students to take concrete measures to address the recent violence against Asian Americans. The Board asserts that “While President Eisgruber has expressed his solidarity with Asian students, and the University at large has emphasized the importance of mental health through email and social media campaigns, this is not enough.” The Board urges greater education on Asian-American issues and University actions to support the mental health of Asian and Asian American students. 

READ THE EDITORIAL →

IN OPINION: Contributing Columnist Ava Milberg urges the University to offer more in-person programming in consideration for student mental health. Millberg notes that despite the low rate of positive COVID-19 cases, most activities have remained online, stating “the isolation has critical impacts on our mental health in ways that can’t be fixed by logging on to yet another Zoom event.”

READ THE COLUMN →

At your leisure

Jay Fai, the star of Street Food: Asia’s Bangkok episode, cooks one of her famous crab omelets.
“Jay Fai, bangkok 20180406 cooking crab omelette on coal” by Sais.isa / CC BY-SA
  • FROM THE PROSPECT: Craving something better than d-hall food? Check out Senior Writer Jack Allen’s review of Netflix’s "Street Food: Asia," one of the streaming giant's lesser-known food documentary series but also one of its best. 
  • FROM THE PROSPECT: In the third edition of their four part series interviewing female professors, contributing writers Aditi Desai and Sydney Eck spoke with professor Imani Perry regarding her work and her advice to young female writers. 

Cartoon

Nobody's Gonna Know
Paige Min / The Daily Princetonian 
SPONSORED: Artist, filmmaker, educator, and Distinguished Professor of the Arts at the University of California Issac Julien is coming (virtually) to Princeton on April 7 at 5pm EST! To register for this Princeton Public Lecture, click here. For more information, visit our website
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Celia Buchband. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp