Wednesday, April 21, 2021

The perpetrator of anonymous bomb threat identified; classes and office hours can be held in-person and outdoors

Students working in Blair Courtyard on a sunny afternoon.
Mark Dodici / The Daily Princetonian

Todays Briefing: 

A fifteen-year-old male from the city of Saskatoon in the Saskatchewan province of Canada was identified as the perpetrator of the anonymous bomb threat targeting locations across campus on Sept. 19, 2020. According to a CBC News article released on March 25, 2021, the male was arrested in Vacherie, La. for issuing the false bomb threat. Currently, “the male is facing a charge of one count of second-degree false public alarm.”

READ THE STORY →

In a memo to faculty, Deputy Dean of the College Elizabeth Colagiuri announced that classes and office hours can now be held in-person and outdoors for the remainder of the semester, following the guidelines of social distancing (6 feet) and masking, with no more than 20 participants at a time. Attendance records are required for tracing purposes. Students are not penalized if they do not wish to attend an in-person event.

READ THE STORY →

SPONSORED: Celebrate this incredible achievement with a handcrafted Princeton Class Ring by Signitas.

SPORTS

SPORTS: After a win at the Ivy League championships in 2020, the Princeton Women’s Swim and Dive team was hoping to defend their successful streak in 2021. However, the team was abruptly halted when the University closed nearly all swimming facilities and ordered students to return home in March of 2020. Now, the team looks ahead preparing for what they hope will be an excellent season. 

OPINION

Sydney Peng / The Daily Princetonian
  • OPINION: On April 9, Princeton Professor Keith Whittingon was appointed by Biden to his 36-member Commission on the Supreme Court of the United States. Princeton students hope for a meaningful exchange of views: to publish, host debates, and speak with Professor Whittington as the Supreme Court undergoes structural reforms. “This University to which we all belong serves as an ideal place for a rich and complex debate about the future of the Supreme Court.”

PROSPECT

Associate Prospect editor Aster Zhang ’24 sits down with the management team at Olsson’s Fine Foods in Palmer Square to discuss major business decisions, pandemic experiences, and grilled cheese. Zhang writes that Olsson’s has altered the way it serves customers, noting that “since last March, Olsson’s has fleshed out a robust online presence, including virtual classes and a redesigned website.” Though the business did have to make certain changes during the pandemic, Olsson’s remains irresistible — especially since “Cheese is a comfort food,” Adams said, “and it’s what people need right now.”

At Your Leisure:
  • Be sure to catch up on the latest episodes of Daybreak featuring gun violence in America and a soccer outrage in Europe.
  • Find Daybreak on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or Google Podcast
Vax Spring & Summer Dreams
Payton Croskey / The Daily Princetonian
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Cecilia Zubler. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp