Thursday, March 25, 2021

New cluster of COVID-19 cases on campus; Nolan McCarty to serve as interim SPIA Dean

A COVID-19 saliva test taken on campus
Zachary Shevin / The Daily Princetonian

Todays Briefing: 

A recent cluster of COVID-19 cases on the University’s campus has led to some enhanced testing protocols, including the requirement that all student athletes submit three tests per week. Since the start of the month, the University has reported 14 total positive tests among undergraduates.

READ THE STORY →

Professor Nolan McCarty will become the second interim Dean of Princeton’s School of Public and International Affairs (SPIA). Due to health concerns, interim Dean Mark Watson stepped down from the position, and former Dean Cecilia Rouse left to serve as the chair of the Council of Economic Advisors for the Biden administration. McCarty is a Professor of Politics and Public Affairs and served as acting SPIA dean in 2007.

READ THE STORY →

Rutgers recently became the first university in New Jersey to divest from fossil fuels, investments that made up five percent of its endowment. Divest Princeton has pushed for Princeton to make a similar commitment, circulating an open letter with 2,200 signatures. Some of Princeton's environmental programs continue to be financed by fossil fuel companies.

READ THE STORY →

SPONSORED: Save the environment and 10% on your electric usage bill by getting your electricity from your share of a local community solar farm.
Plus, it’s cheaper than the standard rate! 
From Opinion
At Your Leisure
  • PROSPECT: Staff Writer Tiana Ruden ’24 reviews “On the Basis of Sex,” a biopic about the early life and career of the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. She writes that the film “honors the life and legacy of Ginsburg, who is remembered as one of the most respected and influential figures in modern political life.”
  • PROSPECT: Senior Writer Aditi Desai ’24 examines the creative ways that places from Salisbury, England to New Orleans, La., are using art, music, and dance to encourage COVID-19 vaccination.
Sorry, I Couldn't Recognize You
Paige Min / The Daily Princetonian
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Isabel Rodrigues. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp