Monday, March 1, 2021

Latest: Princeton State Highway 206 CVS begins administering COVID-19 vaccines

Today’s Briefing: 

If you’re looking for somewhere in Princeton to get the COVID-19 vaccine, Princeton’s State Highway 206 CVS will be administering free COVID-19 vaccines. While UHS has communicated to students that the University will serve as center for vaccine distribution, details and a timeline are yet to be determined. Currently, the University does not have any doses of the vaccine, nor does the Nassau Street CVS.

READ THE STORY →

During a virtual event last Thursday, UCLA Associate Professor Eddie R. Cole delved into his latest book, “The Campus Color Line,” discussing the history of affirmative action and institutional racism. He spoke on how freedom of speech is inherently tied to institutional racism at Princeton and emphasized the need for sustained interest in the success of Black students. Cole urged university presidents to consistently meet with activist groups and build strong relationships over generations.

READ THE STORY →

Should Europe adopt the “Euro-nuke?” At a Wednesday lecture, Kjølv Egeland and Benoît Pelopidas, both researchers affiliated with Sciences Po in Paris, discussed the idea of consolidating European nuclear weapons, often referred to as the “Euro-nuke.” The pair argued against the “Euro-nuke” and as discussed France’s position on the idea, with Pelopidas stating “France wants other nations to help pay for its defense.”

READ THE STORY →

OPINION: Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been a flare-up of racially motivated assaults, robberies, and violent crimes committed against Asian Americans, particularly elderly members of the community. In a guest opinion piece, the Princeton University Asian American Students Association (AASA) urges fellow Princetonians to take a look at resources and “refuse to be complicit in anti-Asian hate.”

READ THE OPINION →

SPONSORED
Inci Karaaslan / The Daily Princetonian

Opinion: Celebrate International Women's Day

Take note: March 8 is International Women’s Day! In her latest column, opinion writer Genrietta Churbanova argues that International Women’s Day is “tragically under-recognized” due to the holiday’s socialist roots, and should be more fully celebrated. 

At your leisure

Inci Karaaslan / The Daily Princetonian
3 a.m. thoughts
Sandy Lee / The Daily Princetonian
Today’s newsletter was copy-edited by Isabel Rodrigues. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp