Tuesday, February 23, 2021

USG Senate discusses dining hall changes and plans programming for Earth Month

USG Senate Meeting
Andrew Somerville / The Daily Princetonian 

Today’s Briefing: 

The USG Senate met this past Sunday to review changes that will be made to the dining halls, including more plant-based protein and halal options. In addition, details were discussed about programming for Earth Month, which will take place in April. Finally, William Hunt ’23 joined as a new Class of 2023 senator and noted feeling “a renewed energy to work on issues like mental health and wellness.”

READ THE STORY →

Sports writer Julia Nguyen caught up with Patrick Glory ’23 of men’s wrestling on his gap year. A two-time All-American wrestler, Glory has decided to utilize his gap year to both intern at a private-equity firm and train for the last chance qualifiers of the Olympic trials. After facing a canceled wrestling season due to the pandemic, Glory says he is “ ... blessed to have the opportunity to even do it, to even be able to compete.”

READ THE STORY →

SPONSORED

:At Your Leisure

Focused
Sandy Lee / The Daily Princetonian
FROM THE PROSPECT: TV & Shows Critic Molly Cutler delves into the world of fiction podcasts, examining how “Fun City,” set in a post-climate disaster New York City, merges table-top games, improv comedy, acting, and storytelling. The show weaves real-world issues into its storyline and “reckons with the difficulty of doing the right thing in a world structured to make that feel like a bad decision.”
Interview with Princeton Mayor Mark Freda 
FROM VIDEO: Assistant News Editor Katherine Dailey ’24 talks with Princeton Mayor Mark Freda about his campaign; future goals; and balancing work, family, and service.
Today’s newsletter was copy edited by Catie Parker. Thank you. 

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp