Tuesday, October 27, 2020
We asked the Class of 2024 about sex, politics, and income. Here’s what we found.

Over a year ago, The Daily Princetonian set out to uncover first-year students’ opinions, experiences, and convictions with statistical rigor. In June, after months of preparation, we sent a survey of over 100 questions to the Class of 2024.

We wanted to know if Princeton’s newest students have ever tried psychedelics, how much money their parents make, and what they think of the #MeToo Movement; we wanted to know how old they are, what they scored on the SAT, and if they’ve ever had sex. In the end, over 55 percent of the class answered our call, sharing 737 unique stories of how they got to Old Nassau.

This project seeks to better understand the intricacies of the University’s diverse student body. Though Nassau Hall publicly reports some figures, other data are difficult — if not impossible — to find. Our inaugural Frosh Survey likely includes details never before gathered on a first-year class at the University.

We invite you to browse our work here. By reading our narratives about demographics, academics, lifestyle, and views on big issues, you’ll embark on a guided tour through our survey’s most relevant findings. If you’d rather examine our numbers yourself, explore the data in over 140 interactive charts and graphs.

As you sift through the pages that follow, we ask that you do so with a careful and discerning eye. The information contained within, synthesized from over 70,000 individual pieces of data, reveals a portrait of our community — a tale that explores what our University is and may become, and the people who define it.

Click HERE to view more than 140 interactive charts!
Thank you.
Today’s newsletter was written and designed by Sam Kagan ’24, and copy-edited by Celia Buchband ’22. 
Homepage
You are receiving this email because you either subscribed on our old site or have subscribed recently. 

Our mailing address is: 
The Daily Princetonian
48 University Pl
Princeton, NJ  08540
Add us to your address book

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
The Daily Princetonian · 48 University Pl · Princeton, NJ 08540 · USA