Today's Front Page
Try our latest crossword
Read our Earth Day special issue

Tracking COVID-19 in Princeton

The Daily Princetonian has been tracking COVID-19 cases in the town of Princeton as well as in the University. Tracked cases for the town span from early April to present day, while University cases have been tracked since the beginning of the fall semester on Aug. 31, 2020.

See our full coverage of COVID-19 here.

The data below is compiled from reports by the Princeton Health Department and the University.

The Princeton Health Department defines active positive cases to be “laboratory confirmed cases and probable cases that have not been cleared from isolation/quarantine requirements. These are individuals under active monitoring by the local Princeton health department to prevent further disease transmission.” After reaching a peak in May, cases in Princeton dropped as the summer progressed, and began to rise again in September.

Positive tests are the number of individuals who received positive COVID-19 laboratory test results since the beginning of the pandemic. Negative tests are the total number of individuals with laboratory test results that did not indicate the presence of COVID-19. While more people are being tested as the pandemic progresses, the number of positive test results has flattened out.

Positive cases at the University include both asymptomatic and symptomatic testing results.

Note: The first day of a seven-day tracking period changed to Saturday from Monday beginning with the week of Sept. 5, 2020.

This chart shows the total number of positive cases on campus since the beginning of the fall 2020 term. It includes positive cases for undergraduate students; graduate students; and faculty, staff, and others.

Comments