Andrew Brazer Drew

The Daily Princetonian

2 of 4 chair positions in upcoming USG elections uncontested

Two of the four chair positions for the upcoming Undergraduate Student Government elections are uncontested.The candidates running for Campus and Community Affairs committee chair and University Student Life Committee chair are unopposed.Three candidates will be competing for the position of academics committee chair, and two candidates will be contending for the position of social committee chair.Of the four positionslast year, only USLC chair and social committee chair were contested, while the candidate for the academics committee chair ran unopposed and there were no candidates for the Community Affairs Committee Chair.Patrick Flanigan ’18, Shannon Osaka ’17 and David Landeta ’19 are contenders in the race for the academics committee chair.Flanigan is a peer academic advisor, a McGraw tutor and serves as a member of the McGraw Advisory Council.

The Daily Princetonian

PICS expands to offer 167 paid summer internships

The Princeton Internships in Civic Service alumni initiative has managed to nearly double its number of opportunities in the past two years to offer 167 internships in the summer of 2016.PICS provided 114 internships in the summer of 2015 and 93 in the summer of 2014.“A lot of hard work went into making this expansion possible,” Chairman of the PICS Board Chuck Freyer ’69 said of the jump to 167 internships for summer 2016.

The Daily Princetonian

CPUC discusses emergency response, sexual misconduct policy updates

The Council of the Princeton University Community discussed university policy updates with regard to emergency response and preparedness, sexual misconduct and student diversity on campus at its meeting on Monday.Executive Director of Public Safety Paul Ominsky announced that sworn Department of Public Safety officers will soon have access to rifles in the event of emergency situations on campus.Though the University had been discussing the policy for several months, the announcement comes soon after shootings at Texas Southern University in Houston, Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff and Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Ore.In response to data from the “We Speak: Attitudes on Sexual Misconduct at Princeton” survey, Professor Deborah Nord addressed the issues surrounding sexual misconduct at Princeton.The “We Speak” report, released last month, found that approximately one in three undergraduate women have experienced inappropriate sexual assault behavior.The Council said administrators should consider the effects of bystander intervention and alcohol with regard to sexual assault.

More articles »