It’s been a year since you’ve played in the Dodgeball Tournament and keeping track of all the intricate detailsin that Colosseum Clubrulebook can get a little messy. To help you sort out your disputes beforetempers spiral out of control, we’ve looked up the Official Rules and posted them here:

1. You must be hit three times to become out.

2. Foot is part of the ground- getting hit there does NOT count as one of your three outs.

3. If someone catches your ball and you point at a wall, ceiling or basketball hoop, the ball retroactively becomes dead prior to the catch, making you not out.

4. If you are hit in the head, you are not out- headshots do NOT count.

5. Each team is only allowed to play with ten more players than the opposing team’s legal maximum.

6. If you hit someone in the head, he is out - headshots have always counted and always will.

7. Holding a ball up above your head and pointing at someone is the same thing as catching a ball. Whoever you point at thus becomes out.

8. Once a player becomes out, he must stand next to the referees out of play. He cannot return to the game UNLESS: A) His teammate catches a ball thrown by an opponent, or B) He leaves for a while until everyone forgets about him and then walks back in on the other side.

9. The rules about what happens when a player holding a ball gets hit, deflects the ball, drops their own ball, etc. are tricky- they’re whatever you want them to be in each new situation, regardless of what they were five minutes ago. Verbal dibs are to be respected.

10. In the Huge Teams’ division, no player may enter the game after it begins unless he is somehow able to climb over or around the three-foot fence placed along most of the baseline.

11. In the Huge Teams’ division, there are no outs.

12. Each round will be single-elimination. In order to advance to the final round, a team must EITHER A) win its semi-final game or B) lose its semi-final game, then join the semi-final winner from the other side of the bracket to ensure the team that just beat them cannot win the championship.

13. During the semi-final and final rounds, the referees will privately predetermine some fixed amount of time. After that time has expired, they will send the game into overtime. Once overtime begins, the referees will begin watching the game and calling people out.

14. Regarding individual rule disputes in which the referee is unsure or simply doesn’t care- tie goes to whoever is louder.