Apicture

The holidays are marathons of organized fun. Starting the day after Thanksgiving, it’s all about eating, drinking, shopping, and, of course, partying. We all know that holiday parties are not exactly the most relaxing affairs. They are jam-packed with distant relatives, old friends from high school, and ex-lovers. In other words, it’s time to look good. So, while you’re out gift shopping for your loved ones, treat yourself to a new party dress and a handbag to match. You’ll be glad you did.

My favorite thing to do around the holidays is play with texture, color, and style. Holiday parties are the perfect time to experiment. You will most likely have more than one on your calendar, so you might as well have fun with different aesthetics. I’ve picked out five looks that are sure to accommodate all of your social gathering needs. You’ll be the most beautiful girl in the room.

Click the product name to shop the look!

Bpicture

Feminine Shine

Gramercy Dress, Anthropologie, $258 & Minaudiére with Zip, Zara, $49.50

This eye-catching number is perfect for those of us going for a classic look. This ensemble works beautifully for a party thrown by your significant other’s parents or a soiree at your grandparents. But don’t let the sophisticated silhouette fool you; this dress is ultra-sexy when paired with a sleek and colorful clutch with bold, modern hardware. Zara’s red Minaudiére with Zip is my absolute favorite. Every girl needs a red handbag at her disposal. Not too keen on the price of Anthro’s dress? Think of it as two dresses in one—repeat it for New Years!

Cpicture

Modern Pattern Play

Marble Print Chiffon Dress, Mango, visit www.shop.mango.com for price details & Lynn Foldover Clutch, Club Monaco, $149.50

Nothing makes a statement like a chic pattern, especially when it features a beautiful winter white (you simply must wear white after Labor Day this season). This dress transitions swimmingly from day to night—you can throw it on with a cardigan and boots on for an afternoon of shopping and slip into a pair of heels for your evening activities—and can be worn to an interview after the holidays. Add a blazer and you’re good to go. For a cocktail party, I love pairing the gentle pattern with an even gentler handbag in a soft rose shade. Club Monaco’s Foldover Clutch is slightly oversized, so you will be able to tote more than your phone and wallet during your evening out.

Dpicture

Sultry Red

Tube Dress, Zara, $79.90 & Tortoise Clutch, J. Crew, $148

Zara’s Tube Dress takes festive to a whole new level. With a Christmassy orange-red hue and a torso-lengthening silhouette, this dress is sure to garner plenty of attention. As styled in the photo above, the dress looks incredible with a heeled bootie or a chucky heel. It can also be accessorized with statement jewelry or a belt at the waist. The possibilities are endless with this dress, so you know it’s a fabulous investment. Try it out with an acrylic clutch with a glossy finish, like the J. Crew Tortoise Clutch pictured above, to add a touch of vintage glamour.

Epicture

Sleek & Suave Leather

Stella Vegan Leather Fit & Flare by Wells Grace, Piperlime, $98 & The Eaton Clutch, Madewell, $128

If you don’t have a leather dress in your closet by now, it’s about time. The holiday season is the perfect excuse to snag a super flattering and versatile dress with lots of leather. Sport Piperlime’s olive Fit & Flare dress to a snooty cocktail party with a classic pump or with booties to a casual shindig with friends. The olive colored fabric will go with just about any handbag, but I love staying with the understated theme and pairing it with Madewell’s amber brown Eaton Clutch. This color palette leaves plenty of room for a bold lip or a smoky eye.

Fpicture

Sporty with an Edge

Checkered Dress with Zips, Zara, $69.90 & Mirror Box Clutch, Mango, visit www.spop.mango.com for price details

If you’re looking for something completely unique to rock on the party circuit this season, this is the dress for you. The red and black plaid is on-trend for this fall and winter and will definitely give your look an unexpected and edgy twist. Try with a studded boot or heeled lace-up bootie for the full effect. Take the dress to the next level with Mango’s Mirror Box Clutch. To dress things up a bit, add a jeweled statement necklace for a little extra shine and interest.

Nothing is better than feeling confident in a knockout dress during the often stressful holiday party season. Whether you’re dodging family inquiries about your love life or trying to pick up a stranger at the bar, these dresses won’t disappoint. You’ll be surprised what feeling like a million bucks can do.