What to do in Princeton this week

Sept. 29th - Oct. 5th

What to Do in Princeton This Week
Graphic Credit: Dora Zhao / The Daily Princetonian

Elaine Castillo and Jessica Hagedorn (Oct. 2) at East Pyne 010. This year, the University’s Program in Asian American Studies has been celebrating New Asian American Writing. For October, the department is observing Filipino American History Month by bringing Elaine Castillo and Jessica Hagedorn, two Filipino American novelists, to campus. The two will do a reading this Wednesday in East Pyne Hall.

Comic Book Illustration Workshop (Oct. 2) at 185 Nassau St. Jim Lee ’86, co-publisher and Chief Creative Officer of DC Comics, will return to campus to lead a comic book illustration workshop. The workshop is sponsored by the Lewis Center for the Arts and the Center for Career Development. Registration for the event is limited to University students and must be completed in advance.

Flamenco at Mediterra Fountain (Oct. 3). In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, Mediterra Restaurant and Bar is hosting a flamenco show this Thursday at 6 p.m., by the fountain outside the restaurant. Alborada Spanish Theatre, a Spanish dance company, will be entertaining guests with different types of Spanish dances and music. The rain date of the event will be the following week, on October 10.

Unruly Sounds Music Festival (Oct. 5) at Palmer Square. This year marks the fifth anniversary of the Unruly Sounds Music Festival in the town of Princeton. Unruly Sounds aims to showcase new music not constrained by the traditional settings of formal music. The festival will feature new artists like Barbara Kolarova and Good Looking Friends.

Athletic Events to Attend:

• Women’s volleyball vs. Columbia (Oct. 4, 7 p.m. Dillon Gym), vs. Cornell (Saturday Oct. 5, 5 p.m, Dillon Gym)
  • Field hockey vs. Yale (Oct. 4, 5 p.m. Bedford Field)
  • Football vs. Columbia (Oct. 5, 1 p.m. Princeton Stadium)
  • Men’s water polo vs. No. 12 Harvard (Oct. 5, 12 p.m. DeNunzio Pool), vs. No. 20 Brown (Oct. 6, 10 a.m. DeNunzio Pool), vs. MIT (Oct. 6, 3 p.m. DeNunzio Pool)