U. signs agreement with India's largest renewable energy producer

Grey and brick building with reflective window at dusk. Large abstract grey and orange sculpture in front.
The Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment.

The University’s Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment, the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD), and the top independent renewable energy producer in India, ReNew Power, have agreed to combine resources for future collaboration in the field of renewable energy. 

As a member of the New Jersey division chosen by the economic development group ChooseNJ, Coleen Burrus, director of the University’s Corporate Engagement and Foundation Relations team, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with IITD and ReNew Power on Sept. 16 in Delhi, India. Additional signatories include representatives from Rutgers University, Rowan University, the New Jersey Institute of Technology, and New Jersey City University. 

In a statement to the ‘Prince,’ Burrus wrote, that “the MOU … is a first step in initiating a dialogue that we hope will encourage new collaborations in the areas of energy and environmental sustainability.”

The University also signed a second MOU with IITD and ReNew, providing two of the University’s students with the opportunity to participate in ReNew Power’s Global Green Scholars Program

Founded in 2017, the program gathers young people from around the world to discuss and develop solutions to issues of sustainable energy. Five members are accepted each year. According to the program’s most recent 2018 report, no Princeton student has ever participated in the project.