What to do in Princeton this week

April 21st-27th

Triangle.jpg
Source: Princeton Triangle Club

“Lemonade” Screening (April 22) at McCormick 101. As part of the University Center for Human Values’ Film Forum series Trans Citizen, there will be a screening of the movie “Lemonade” this Monday evening. Directed by Ioana Uricaru, “Lemonade” tells the story of a Romanian woman who moves to the United States after marrying an American man she recently met.

The Chinese Exclusion Act (April 23) at Princeton Public Library. The Princeton Public Library is screening the PBS episode on the Chinese Exclusion Act. Following the screening, Professor Beth Lew-Williams will lead a discussion. The event allows us to engage with the history of Asian immigration and exclusion in the United States.  

Take Back the Night (April 25) at Butler Amphitheater. SHARE will be hosting Take Back the Night as a way for the Princeton community to “celebrate, honor, and support our campus community members who have survived sexual and domestic/dating violence.” Take Back the Night allows survivors to speak about their experience in a safe environment and also is a way for the community to show their support for survivors.

Triangle Spring Show: McCosh Me If You Can (April 25–27) at Whitman College Theater. Princeton Triangle Club’s annual spring show will run from Thursday to Saturday of this week. Directed by Manny Ramirez ’20, the show promises the same catchy songs and contagious energy from the fall performance. Tickets are available online and at Frist Campus Center.

Princeton University Orchestra and Glee Club (April 26) at Richardson Auditorium. Gustavo Dudamel will finish his residency at Princeton with one final concert with the Princeton University Orchestra and the Glee Club. The program for the night includes Tchaikovsky's “Romeo and Juliet” and Mendelssohn’s “A Midsummer’s Night Dream, Op. 61.” During the performance of “A Midsummer’s Night Dream, Op. 61,” there will be film projections from Venezuelan director Alberto Arvelo.