Women's basketball defeats Penn, tied for first in Ivy League

The Princeton women’s basketball team (16–9, 8–2 Ivy) defeated Penn (18–5, 8–2 Ivy) 68–53 on Tuesday night after allowing only one basket in the fourth quarter. The Tigers are now tied for first place in the Ivy League with the Quakers. Junior Bella Alarie had 33 points and 10 rebounds to contribute to the win. Sophomore Carlie Littlefield finished with 14 and junior Gabrielle Rush added 13.

The end of the first quarter had the Tigers up 15–12. After the first bucket of the second quarter was made by Penn, the Tigers went on  a 9–2 run to put them up 24–16. At halftime, the Tigers had a 33–31 advantage.

The second half started with 10 straight points for the Tigers but the Quakers continued to fight back as the advantage decreased to 50–46 as the fourth quarter started. With 5:43 left in the game, Penn hit a three-point basket to make the game 58–51 in favor of the Tigers. After that, the Quakers didn’t make another basket.

The Tigers shot a .431 field goal percentage and had a .765 free throw percentage. Penn was shooting .333 field goal percentage and .727 free throw percentage. Both teams had 8 turnovers in the game and the difference of rebounds was only two with Princeton at 41 and Penn at 39.