White supremacists allegedly cancel march in Palmer Square, counter-rallies to continue

NJEHA takes to Twitter to cancel march

The New Jersey European Heritage Association took to Twitter to cancel a march that was planned for Saturday, Jan. 12 in Palmer Square.

A Twitter account belonging to the New Jersey European Heritage Association (NJEHA), a white supremacist organization, issued a statement Friday afternoon that the group’s demonstration planned for Saturday, Jan. 12, allegedly is a hoax and will not occur.

“There isn’t going to be a ‘march’ this Saturday,” the statement read. “There never was.”

The announcement, typed on the Apple “Notes” app, was attached as a screenshot to a tweet reading “You’ve been punk’d.” 

The Princeton Police Department did not immediately respond to request for comment at the time of publication.

The Twitter account, created in December 2018, has four tweets and 17 followers and follows only President Donald Trump. The organization’s website links to the account.

According to the tweet, the “hoax” was crafted to illustrate that the “so-called ‘tolerant’ phony privileged limousine liberals of Princeton have no respect for freedom of speech.”

The organization also thanked “the DSA [Democratic Socialists of America], NIOT [Not In Our Town] Princeton, Jewish supremacist news outlets, and the many other communist snowflakes who are making [it] a household name.”

The organization has allegedly received “unprecedented” website traffic and media coverage since it originally announced the protest, and maintains that “hundreds of people across the state are eagerly awaiting to join our ranks.”

There is no evidence available to support its claim.

The New Jersey Democratic Socialists of America has not cancelled its planned counter-protest. In a Facebook post, the organization wrote that “[it] scared them off, but [its members] still be going out to show [its] strength and unity!” 

According to an earlier statement, the Princeton Police Department noted that it had not “received any formal requests for permits or been formally advised by any organizations of a scheduled protest.”