On Jan. 2, 2018, a gas leak was reported on campus according to an alert sent by the University’s Department of Public Safety.
According to the alert, the leak was reported at 8:30 a.m. Public Service Electric and Gas Company (PSE&G), an electrical services company, worked to repair the leak, and emergency responders remained on campus until the leak was closed.
The Architecture School, 1879 Hall, and Marx Hall were all evacuated after the gas leak was reported. About 15 people were evacuated from the buildings and were brought to Frist Campus Center and the Woolworth Center for Musical Studies.
University Facilities deferred to the Office of Communications, which did not respond for comment by the time of publication.