The Daily Princetonian elects new business manager

Ryan Gizzie ’18 was elected The Daily Princetonian’s business manager for the 142nd Managing Board. Gizzie will begin his tenure in February.

As head of operations for one year, Gizzie oversaw various operations of the ‘Prince,’ namely the paper’s distribution. Before that, Gizzie served as associate manager of subscriptions.

Regarding his new role as business manager, Gizze explained that he will now be in charge of all the business operations of the ‘Prince.’ The duties of a business manager, he noted, include making sure that the paper is producing revenue and that the ‘Prince’ has enough financial backing to continue to produce a print copy every day.

Gizzie says that, next year, he will be “exploring new opportunities for advertising, as well as looking to keep costs low to keep the ‘Prince’ thriving and support the newsroom as best as we can, so that it has the freedom and opportunity to produce its best content.” 

Additionally, Gizzie hopes to “continue producing good and accessible content, both in the print and electronic versions and modernize the Prince.” 

Gizzie ran for business manager unopposed. The electoral body for the position is comprised of all members of The Daily Princetonian's business team.

He is preceded by the current business manager Matt McKinlay ’18.